• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

whats wrong with the demo version of vbulletin?!?!

you mean admindemo?

if your talking about vb lite, its because thats used only to see is vb will work on your server :rolleyes:

Originally posted by is0lized
you mean admindemo?

if your talking about vb lite, its because thats used only to see is vb will work on your server :rolleyes:
don't get smart with me.. i'm thinking of editing it so i can use it as a fully functional board.

Originally posted by vik13

don't get smart with me.. i'm thinking of editing it so i can use it as a fully functional board.

You can't do that. That would be illegal and if Jelsoft come after you then you might even go to jail.

Don't get smart with Jelsoft either. One wrong move, and you're a goner.

taken from vbulletin.com:
vBulletin Lite may be modified for your own use only. Under no circumstances may any modified vBulletin Lite code be distributed.
hmmm, looks like i could... :p

I wouldn't really call it a loophole. vBlite pretty much has nothing, no members or anything else. So if he wants to make it like vBulletin, he'd have to write a whole lot of code, so he might as well write his own bulletin board.

Originally posted by Asian_DOC
I wouldn't really call it a loophole. vBlite pretty much has nothing, no members or anything else. So if he wants to make it like vBulletin, he'd have to write a whole lot of code, so he might as well write his own bulletin board.
I fully agree.

Originally posted by Archbob
Yeah its easier to write your own code than to work with someone else's code.
But writing your own code would take a long time. Just modifying a little would be easier.

Originally posted by The Red Guy
But writing your own code would take a long time. Just modifying a little would be easier.

But first you have to get used to what they have already implemented.

Originally posted by conkermaniac

But first you have to get used to what they have already implemented.
Yeah, that's the hard part. But if you really study the coding, it'll be easier than starting from scratch.

Agreed, I've tried to modify the actual variables in scripts before, it doesn't work at all.

Or you can save yourself days, weeks, months of coding, debugging, etc. (only to end up with something most likely not as feature rich and bugless as the paid version), and pay $85 for the paid version. Seems like a no-brainer...

If you have nothing better to do all day, then I suppose coding up the free version would fill your periods of boredom, however I'd start witha blank piece of virtual paper and code it up as at least *then* you'd be able to share it with others (free or paid).

Just one Chicken's opinion...

I agree chicken...instead of hacking up an already half made board, coding your own from scratch would make sense. But purchasing or using a free board would seem like the best choice you have.

Originally posted by The Red Guy
Yeah, that's the hard part. But if you really study the coding, it'll be easier than starting from scratch.
But maybe you have to spend more time on studying it.

Well I will rather choose a free BB than modifying BBs with little features.

yea, most likely i'll end up coding my own, but, i wanna see how far i get with this, so yea. vblite reminds alot like miniBB... oh well. all i really need to add are members, and possibly polls.

yea, most likely i'll end up coding my own, but, i wanna see how far i get with this, so yea. vblite reminds alot like miniBB... oh well. all i really need to add are members, and possibly polls.
Then you might as well use a hacked phpbb2 or ibforum!

Back