• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What's the difference between VirtualAve and Hypermart?

I was just wondering are they just alike. Same people doing the job? TOS seems the same and go2net. Are they the same? Servers in a different location, maybe?

Servers - Could be wrong but im guessing they are in different places as they have not always been affliated with each other.

People - The people are different as they are located in seperate buildings or at least they where when i last check there addresses.

Services - Virtualave and hypermart offer the same services but the support is better at virtualave.

They originally were two different companies, but then they were bought up by infospace (I believe). Instead of merging these two FWP, they both stayed pretty much the way they were before they were bought up.

Hypermart is for business sites and they will probably get rid of your site if it is a personal site, most of the time they don't care though. I've seen plenty personal sites on there, that have been there for months.

Originally posted by KapTinKiRk
Hypermart is for business sites and they will probably get rid of your site if it is a personal site, most of the time they don't care though.

But so is VirtualAve. I've had my site there for about year. What qualifies as business or non-personal site? Mine isn't personal one but it doesn't sell anything either.

Is it business if I put my own banners that'll generate revenue to me...

If I had to choose between Hypermart or Virtualave, I would diffently select Hypermart. Hypermart has given me and gives me the impress that they are much bigger and more expierenced then Virtualave. IMHO. Even tho both are owned by the same company, I think Hypermart has a better reputation online then Virtualave. And btw, even people who don't have business sites host at Hypermart.

Back