• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Whats the best HTML forum ?

Yeah, you need asp, cgi, or php, there are no HTML forums. I wish there was, but wishing ain't gonna do much good.

Let's think about this logically...

A message board needs some sort of database so that it can write and store its posts. HTML and Javascript cannot write to a database. As Dusty pointed out, without a script, a message board can't work. :)

Since that doesn't exist, I am assuming what he is after is something which he doesn't have to have any programming knowledge. Therefore; something where you input some colours, graphics, and a bit of HTML, and the provider generates everything else for you. Good for newbies.

Btw - you don't have to actually know PHP to use PHP forums. Some of the more popular ones have a simple installation and then an online control panel. No PHP knowledge needed.

i know that , but i like to use a forum that i can write hacks for . Maybe i'll go with a Perl forum since thats my 2nd best scripting language i know (ColdFusion then Perl)

Originally posted by Expedition
i know that , but i like to use a forum that i can write hacks for . Maybe i'll go with a Perl forum since thats my 2nd best scripting language i know (ColdFusion then Perl)
Why don't you search for hacks instead?

Why is Coldfusion so popular? Of course, it's not as popular as Perl or PHP, but that's expected. If it's so expensive to develop using CFM and it's rather slow, why are there so many sites using it?

Originally posted by conkermaniac
Why is Coldfusion so popular? Of course, it's not as popular as Perl or PHP, but that's expected. If it's so expensive to develop using CFM and it's rather slow, why are there so many sites using it?
Maybe because it is easier to develop and it's from macromedia?

Originally posted by The Red Guy
Maybe because it is easier to develop and it's from macromedia?
it is ez and must more reliable than the other windows server-script lanuage - asp
but macromedia was not responsible for developing it
it was develop by allaire which was bought by macromedia recently

Back