• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Whats the best free Web Stats service out there?

Site meter is good. I use that on a couple of sites. I also like Goldstats. I actually prefer some things about their stats, but there is some ugly javescript code that will show in older browsers.

I have tried mycomputer.com's, and switched to hitbox after a little while. Only complaint with hitbox is the small(but annoying) button for their site. I think I might try switching to TheCounter.com

In defence of mycomputer.com:

The banner is just one option, you can select a free service without the banner.

Also, the banner is a CPC program which pays you ten cents a click. They seem to have got some new banners in the last couple of days and my CTR has gone from 0.04% to 0.9% so it is worth having. It's one of the few deals like that open to sites with very low traffic on free hosts.

I looked at hitbox and sitestatz but, (unless I misunderstood) they require that you put different html on each page that you want to track or you just get total traffic and not a page breakdown.

I run webstats.com on one of my sites but you get less info and they seem to go down rather a lot.

jpoc

weird, it tracks everything perfectly for me...

there'd be weeks, back when i used thecounter.com, that would look like this:

monday 1248
tuesday 1027
wednesday 1183
thursday 568
friday 1085

that example would be an all too common deal with thecounter.com. the hits for one day would be way down, rediculously far less than any days around it. they'd go down for hours on end and not count any stats. needless to say, it got to be quite frustrating

They do miss some, but they're better than they were. I also have a basic counter (hits only), from counter.com, running on each site, and there's less than 10 hits difference between the two, usually.

Back