• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Whats the best free board, easy to install, and a free host for it?

SirKC

Okay guys, I need a board. It has to be very easy to install, does not require a code-genius, should be free, nice layout. What are my options?

And also, where can I install it to? I need something that is free, fast and reliable.

Revamp just closed. I need a replacement but there seems to be no other remotely hosted board out there with NO BANNERS so I decided to install a board my own. Help me out guys.

Thanks

First, you go to the paid host ..say 300$/month
Second, you hire somebody to do that.. say 3000$/month

This is the best option so far.. hee hee.. the only flaw is that it isn't free :p

Sorry.. this thread surely doesn't help you.
:D :D

Originally posted by SirKC
Okay guys, I need a board. It has to be very easy to install, does not require a code-genius, should be free, nice layout. What are my options?

And also, where can I install it to? I need something that is free, fast and reliable.

Revamp just closed. I need a replacement but there seems to be no other remotely hosted board out there with NO BANNERS so I decided to install a board my own. Help me out guys.

Thanks

Accept the banners and use http://www.dk3.com . You should be able to use yabb or ikonboard there.

Originally posted by SirKC

Thanks
I thinkm a message board that is easy to install would be IKonboard. Host it on DK3, Spaceports, Netfirms or Paid Hosting.

I like OpenBB, but customizing it isn't for amatures... so go with Ikonboard or wbb if you want the most features, or phpBB if you want the absolute easiest. (phpBB you can setup and customize all the colors in about 5 minutes.) Or, though I've never tried it, you could try an ASP forum like Snitz and host it at Brinkster. (Although brinkster seems to be down right now... did they die? :confused: )

For hosting options, besides brinkster, you could wait and hope to get Digital Rice if they decide to accept more signups and then install Ikonboard there. Or, if you're really desperate and don't mind really slow speed, use host.sk or portland for a php/sql forum. Or, if you want decent speed, either pay $10 a year for good hosting or go with one of the mediocre ad-filled free ones.

phpbb2 and kilio.

Upload everything, and setup the config.php, then, point to install.php, check wehther everything is correct. Then click install. you are done.

Burning board is pretty good, but I never can remember the address for it...I'm sure somebody here know sit *hint*

Yeah, if you're going with a PHP board, but I say Ikonbaord if you're using CGI...and now i'll just wait fro Phrozen to comment on how crappy IB is.

Originally posted by Blank Verse
and now i'll just wait fro Phrozen to comment on how crappy IB is.
iKonBoard 3 is nothing but a perl-coded vBulletin wannabe. iKonBoard 2.x is just plain ugly with a capital u-g-l-y.

Filòs, it's http://woltlab.de

<edit>

Nevermind. Apparently they have the .com now too, heh.

Can't you point out any more reasons than it's "crappy" or "it's ugly"?

It doesn't really matter if you could just change the skin, now does it? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by silverstarfish
Can't you point out any more reasons than it's "crappy" or "it's ugly"?

It doesn't really matter if you could just change the skin, now does it? :rolleyes:
The true fact is it really isn't that good after all. Not that fast, not that many features.

Back