• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What's going on with Adsense?

GalaxyBay.com

I've noticed significant drop in earnings with my adsense ads per click even though they are now getting more traffic and clicks then ever before. I've read around on other boards and it seems I'm not the only one facing this problem. Some claim it to be this new "Smart Pricing" system which was implemented. But it seems that can't be the reason since that system has been in place since the new year. Any other ad networks which can compare to Adsense? Targeting and payout? Any thoughts?

GalaxyBay.com said:
I've noticed significant drop in earnings with my adsense ads per click even though they are now getting more traffic and clicks then ever before. I've read around on other boards and it seems I'm not the only one facing this problem. Some claim it to be this new "Smart Pricing" system which was implemented. But it seems that can't be the reason since that system has been in place since the new year. Any other ad networks which can compare to Adsense? Targeting and payout? Any thoughts?

maybe the people clicking are from countries that the advertisers have not specified, therefore the CPC would be less for those countries.

As per Smart Pricing of adsense, Google does not consider as all clicks are equal. Some contextual clicks are billed at a lower cost after normalizing that means factoring in quality. Your content network CPC may be lower than that of your pure search inventory with Smart Pricing.
YPN, yahoo overture or fastclick are also good. I think you should visit their sites.

Are you placing them on free hosted sites? That could have a lot to do with it if so, as one needs good content to get decent clicks. Maybe you should screen the sites that have adsense banners on them and pull the ads from those which have no content.

I think I remember reading something about click through rates. If a site has a low rate they get lower value ads. Google maximizes their profits by giving the more profitable ads to the sites with the highest click through rates.

I could be wrong.

krazframe said:
hah, that would make sense. What would a high click-thru rate be? 1 in 100?
Click-through rate(CTR) is the ratio of the number of user clicks on an online advertisement to number of visitors who visit the Web site that has the advertisement on it. For e.g., if 1 out of 100 people who visit a specific Web site and click on an advertisement and are taken to the site of advertiser, then the CTR of that advertisement is 1/100, or 1%. The CTR is used as a measure to determine the effectiveness of a link / advertisement. I think you will get clear picture of higher CTR through this. :classic2:

Earnings are now improving....it just might be that the Adsense Algo needs sometime to adjust to new traffic levels and higher CTR. It can't be the traffic I'm receiving because according to the logs 88% of my traffic comes from the United States....

mine have completely dropped, I have not earned anything in over 3 weeks.

and i was getting the traffic and the clicks at the time.

Back