• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What would you prefer Monthly Or Yearly Customers

I prefer monthly. It keeps the money more organized in my opinion. They can cancel whenever they want instead of complaining and demanding refunds when they pay yearly.

I prefer monthly. It keeps the money more organized in my opinion. They can cancel whenever they want instead of complaining and demanding refunds when they pay yearly.
Same here.

Its a mess when they cancel half way through and expect the rest of the money back.

Monthly, keeps it straight, simple and moving.

I like yearly, because you can offer it cheap, knowing most people aren't going to use it for a year anyway. Monthly is good for larger, more expensive plans.

You guys are making it sound like you wouldn't give someone their money back if they didn't use the full year.

Let's say your house gets flooded in a few places, and you can't live there... The people fixing it tell you that you won't be able to get into your house for a week at least. You go to the hotel, pay for a week, since it's cheaper than paying day by day, and the people fixing your house call you the next day saying everything is back to normal. What would you do? How would you feel?

Regardless of whether it's just a few dollars or something... If a customer didn't pay you for the next month, you'd shut down their account.... But it's only a few dollars right?

Heartless bastards.

I honestly think it depends on the price the users are paying. If the monthly charge is very small, I would prefer yearly payments, as that helps to better cover my merchant fees. However, if the monthly charge is $5 or more, I like monthly payments.

I offer discount for yearly obviously less on merchant fees. I haven't had anyone really need to cancel yet so not a big deal if they do If its right away I mite charge them the 50 cents my merchant account charges but I'll still give them a partial.

I offer discount for yearly obviously less on merchant fees. I haven't had anyone really need to cancel yet so not a big deal if they do If its right away I mite charge them the 50 cents my merchant account charges but I'll still give them a partial.

Unfortunately, that practice is against the rules of most merchant account agreements.

I actually prefer yearly clients, which is why we have discounts on yearly terms. No hassle if they cancel early. We would still issue the refund on a prorated basis.

It's nice to have a balance of both though =]

You guys are making it sound like you wouldn't give someone their money back if they didn't use the full year.

Let's say your house gets flooded in a few places, and you can't live there... The people fixing it tell you that you won't be able to get into your house for a week at least. You go to the hotel, pay for a week, since it's cheaper than paying day by day, and the people fixing your house call you the next day saying everything is back to normal. What would you do? How would you feel?

Regardless of whether it's just a few dollars or something... If a customer didn't pay you for the next month, you'd shut down their account.... But it's only a few dollars right?

Heartless bastards.

I would have to agree!

I know first hand in both fields. I have worked in fair number of organizations that would offer rock bottom prices however you were locked into an 1+ year contract, with no refunds past the 30 day mark. It is never a fun event.

I feel a company really needs an even balance however. The monthly clients are nice as you as others have said keep things organized. However the yearly clients are required when it comes to needed new hardware etc. 1 yearly client may equal all your months income that month, which can return provide you with more assets for your company to us.

At any rate though you should be happy that any client has given the chance to deal with you and should honor them with the best service. Guess thats what I am loving when I host on the cloud!

Back