• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What the hell? Is Hosting Extreme going down to 50 mb webspace?

Cracker

-
NLC
It says on Hosting Extreme's main page that they offer only 50 mb webspace now instead of 100 mb, yet when I login to my file manager, it says that I still have 100 mb for my account. HostingExtreme, are you going to decrease everyone's webspace to only 50 mb or is this only for new members? If you're decreasing space, then I'll have to leave.

Screw them then! They're the fifteenth free host I've ever tried. I'm used to leaving free hosts on short notice. I think I'll give Gizba another try if they cut webspace. Hosting Extreme's 100 mb webspace & unmetered transfer is what makes them better than other FWP's - if they cut their webspace in half, they'll be just like the plenty of other FWP's that offer only 50 mb webspace. Hosting Extreme isn't the only free webspace provider, you know.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Cracker
Screw them then! They're the fifteenth free host I've ever tried. I'm used to leaving free hosts on short notice. I think I'll give Gizba another try if they cut webspace. Hosting Extreme's 100 mb webspace & unmetered transfer is what makes them better than other FWP's - if they cut their webspace in half, they'll be just like the plenty of other FWP's that offer only 50 mb webspace. Hosting Extreme isn't the only free webspace provider, you know.

well......if you want some hosting contact me as i`m allowed to host a few m8s on my account @ section5 hehe :D

Are you one of those trying to illegally resell a paid hosting account, like several have tried to do with HostUltra before (and I almost accepted one of their offers)?

Originally posted by Cracker
Are you one of those trying to illegally resell a paid hosting account, like several have tried to do with HostUltra before (and I almost accepted one of their offers)?

no i`m not,i have an account at section5(my m8s site) & i`m allowed to host a few other sites within my account ;) i can have 10 users max :D

I don't like signing up for multiple accounts because it's too much of a headache to fragment my site and adjust links just to fit ONE FWP's requirements. I've experimented with that once before back when my site's .wav's weren't MPEG-compressed, and that's an experience I'd rather not repeat (which is one of the reasons I finally gave in and MPEG'ed my .wav's 7.5 months ago). Oh yeah, my site is actually using only 41 mb webspace, but that number will only get bigger, and I don't want to worry about ever running out of space (for my site, unlimited space = 75+ mb).

Anyway, I'm glad that Hosting Extreme isn't "following the leader down the greedy path" and cutting webspace in half. However, the webspace is, in reality, 95 mb instead of 100 mb because the offer is actually 100,000,000 bytes, and 1 mb = 1024 kb; 1 kb = 1024 bytes.

Last edited:
I have never objected to offering users more space if they request it...As if I give 300-400 mb I am just begging for mroe abuse...

Jon

cracker, relax...

Jon has been very reliable in the past and I am sure that he will continue to be in the future. We judge a person based on his past actions, right?

Back