• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What People Need To Understand

Dan

Bullah
NLC
The web hosting industry is a very competitive one and it takes hosting providers to compete against each other to make it work.

Requesters:
What you need to realize is that hosting is an expensive business. Unless the provider can at least meet the bills, it is highly possible that your site may not stay online very long.
Many recent requests have been so ridiculous it's gone beyond being humorous even.
When requesting a hosting deal, it is important for you to be as specific and up front as possible. Tell them what you want and also try to give an idea of what your budget is. This way, you are likely to receive fast and honest responses.
Here are some examples of what you can place in your request post:
  • Amount of Space needed
  • Amount of Transfer needed
  • Control panel desired
  • Features needed along with quantity
  • Description of your website or project
  • How much you are willing to spend per month or by year
This information will assist hosting providers assess your needs and requirements and also compare with their own packages and possibly provide you with a direct quote based on the information you provided.

Hosting Providers
It is perfectly understandable that you may have questions for the requester. So, by all means, ask them.
Many hosting providers, especially new ones, jump right in without even bothering to read the full request. They look at the space and Transfer requested and think, "Yeah I can give them that!" and post their offers. A little later they will find they are being flamed or their post has been removed because they did not meet the requesters requirements.
Something all hosts need to understand also. There is NO SUCH THING AS UNLIMITED when it comes to space and transfer. So don't go about offering it. Have respect for your hosting service and your clients and do not offer it.
You also need to realize, although you are competing, it is not good to offer something that is 3 times exceeding the requesters requirements for half of what they are willing to pay. That's just giving you and your service a bad name.

I just wanted to post this because we have seen and removed lots of really OTT offers and requests lately.

Cheers,
Dan

I agree it should be. Mod (possibly dan) suggestion: Move this to the Paid Hosting Request thread and lable it before you make a request.

Not many people read the rules... (no offense to anyone)

This should be stickied in requests.

There is a vBulletin mod on vb.org that makes it so you have to read a set of rules everytime you post (you can enable this as 1 time or multiple times, and per section) just an idea.

I really want my hands on an unlimited drive! *snickers*

Back