• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What kind of OC'ing do you think I can get out of this?

dawizman

Hey everbody, first off, here is my setup:

AMD Athlon 2600+ (333FSB)
Epox 8RDA+ (NForce2)
2 x 512mb Corsair PC3200 DDR400
ATI Radeon 9700 pro
SunTek 25" Full ATX Case (In Process Of Being Modded)
Enermax 431w PSU
Custon Water cooling System:
-Super Block Radiator
-DangerDen Maze3 Waterblock
-DangerDen Radeon 9000/9700 Video Block
-Eheim 1060 Pump
-Custom Made Aluminum Resevoir
-1/2" Silicon Tubing (Inside Case)
-1/2"Copper Tubing (Outside Case)
-Mini Fridge (1.63Cu Ft) to store radiator & resevoir)

What do you think I could push my CPU, Ram, GPU and video memory to?

Well, right now i have the 8rda+ and a 2100XP, oced to 2700XP air cooled, i could go more but i'm happy..

I'm sure you could get maybe 800Mhz + out of it water cooled

No Idea. I've always been under the impression that AMD chips cant be overclocked very far. guess I was wrong

I've got my economy p4 system running 70% faster than it did when I got it. (451 mhz oc)

Hmm, 800 is reasonable. Right now at stock speeds my CPU temp using mbm5 is readin 2 degrees celcius after letting Sandra run a CPU burn in test 50 times at 100% CPU usage.

Sandra = no very good CPU stress test.

Use Prime95, let it run for a half-hour, and theres your full load temperatures.

Anyhow, you should be able to push up to 200mhz FSB

Wow, i have my cpu running at 200mhz fsb and i upped the multiplier to 14 (from13). My before temp (after running Prime) was 3 degrees(what a big difference) and now after running prime it is 19. Also, I upped my video cars core to 400mhz and the ram to 375mhz.

Originally posted by dawizman
Wow, i have my cpu running at 200mhz fsb and i upped the multiplier to 14 (from13). My before temp (after running Prime) was 3 degrees(what a big difference) and now after running prime it is 19. Also, I upped my video cars core to 400mhz and the ram to 375mhz.

If you have proper RAM sinks, you can get that RAM up to atleast 500mhz.

Originally posted by Daniel
you can get that RAM up to atleast 500mhz.
Abso-----in-lutely NOT. I've never seen anyone get the memory on a 9700 past 350 (700).

Well a stock Ti4600 is at 325MHz for the RAM. You're definitely not gonna get another 200MHz out of it.

Just a note:

nVidia lists teh DDR speed (e.g. 650MHz for the Ti4600)
divide that by 2 to get the actual speed

ahh.. the GeForce Quadro FX 5800 Ultra.. it can run @ 500Mhz just using crappy old windows settings.. wonder if u can o'c it... hell.. that alone is probably as powerful if not more than my computer

I say at most with your setup you can get your main cpu 1GHZ faster at the most. Ya I know its a lot, but you do have a a good cooling system. Just make sure you have your motherboards lastest BIOS and lots of water. The Screen Savers, http://www.thescreensavers.com, have some articles on over clocking.

Back