• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What is the best ?

iTunes works spectacular for me.

Though I'm not sure if the Windows version has the ability to copy CDs.

Stu said:
dbpoweramp
I second that, but why would you want to rip your CDs to such a old format. If posible rip them to AAC or that MS format since the sound quality is better.

Remember, if you decide on using Windows Media Player remember to turn off the copyright protection.

Are you serious that MP3 is an old format? It might be old but it's still one of the best formats available. I prefer FLAC when ripping CDs though.

Last edited:
notnamed said:
CD ripping is the only reason I use Windows Media Player. It works, so I use it.
Just to note. If you should ever use WMP to rip from cd to wma, they'll only be playable on your computer and not someone else's (unless they took that annoying bit out since WMP7).

I rip from CD to WMA and put it on my MP3 player all the time, and have numerous times burned onto a CDR songs I've ripped from WMA. As Ignite said, that copyright protection can be turned off.

I only own 1 music cd
Tranceplant

[off topic]
The best audio cd I ever bought. The only one :p
It even came with a 'travel bag' inside the cd protective cardboard box.
It was pre-filled with aromatic herbs :biggrin2:
Excellent music and very original idea inside. Love it. Except the cd's cracked :(
[/off topic]

Therefore I do not rib any cd's to mp3's but back in the days I remember using real player something I think.

Back