• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What is the best forum when I cannot CHmod?

I don't know of any forums you don't need to cmod. Even php forums you'll still need to chmod a file or two.

Why can't you CHMOD? Is it a windows machine? If so, there is no reason to CHMOD.

Originally posted by cheatpark
So I would need to contact my host and ask them to tell me the name of my os and enable chmod?
1. You can't chmod with some FTP clients, even if it is enabled.
2. If it's lowblows anything, chmod doesn't exist. You don't have to modify any files/directories.

I think you have access to a server with windows on it. There's no need to CHMOD then.

So if I am on a windows server and don't need to CHMOD why does my forum not work. I have tried all of them from yabb to ikonboard and none work. I use another server like f2s and they do work.

did you get the paths right?

/usr/bin/perl DOES NOT exist on a windows server. That's a different filesystem (UNIX's / filesystem).

Perl is likely at C:\Perl\Perl.exe

It comes up with this error:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Operation must use an updateable query.

/forum/inc_functions.asp, line 717

Does anyone know what I have to do?

Back