• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

what is acpi=off(help me)

wagehost

infomation about that:

To retry installation because the installation aborted at an early stage, add the directive acpi=off. ACPI is responsible for many kinds of installation errors. If you turn ACPI off, you may be able to overcome some of these errors.

what that mean...

it want me turn off or on..

please tell me more information about that

LCP

and please tell us more information.

Whats the program your trying to install?
Operation System? Windows? Linux? etc

In BIOS under power management or whatever it's called in your BIOS version - disable ACPI.

I don't think he has a clue as to what he's doing. He's going to screw his box up if he doesn't know anything about his BIOs setup.

Sounds like it already is screwed, and looks like he has no option, as long as there is nothing else changed.
Other option is dependent on what flavour as some allow you to 'customise' the setup to ignore ACPI and carry on with it disabled in the OS instead.

That's ASPI (old SCSI hangover, used for amost all drive interfaces now as a bit of a generic), ACPI is power management TM :D

Back