• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

what is a Money order ?

chichiko

hello
i will buy a hosting ( i dont have credit card ) . but the company has suggested me to use check or money order .. So what is a money order ..?

thanks for you

a money order can be bought in the post office or a cash/check place or a bank. Its a replacement for money because money could get robbed in the post office or on its way to its location

A money order is a type of check intended to provide a safe alternative to sending cash (in the mail). Money orders are typically sold by third parties such as the Postal Service, grocery stores, convenience stores, and financial service companies such as banks.

A money order is purchased for the amount desired. In this way it is similar to a certified check. The main difference is that money orders are usually limited in face value to some specified figure (usually under $1,000) while certified checks are not.

It is a common misconception that money orders cannot bounce, but they can for several reasons: if the payment is stopped by the maker, if the check the money order was drawn on bounces, if the issuing company goes bankrupt, or the money order is fraudulent or counterfeit, among other reasons.

Despite these risks, money orders are generally considered safer for payments from parties unknown to the payee, as opposed to a personal check drawn on the maker's bank account. This is because money orders are much less likely to bounce due to insufficient funds, since a money order is drawn on a bank's funds rather than on an individual's bank account like a personal check is. And while an individual's checking account balance is suseptible to running out due to personal whims and incompetencies, a banking institution's funds generally are not. In recent years, partly for this reason, money orders have become a preferred method of payment by sellers of goods over the Internet, especially private individuals whom do not have the resources to subscribe to a check verification service or those whose credit card transactions kept being repeatedly denied.
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Money_order :)

I have to agree with Josh. That makes no sense just to post "good info" How about putting why it is good info atleast.

Regards,

Back