• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What hosts would allow the installation of own SPAM protection?

akersche

Hi,

I am just wondering, which hosts would allow to set up a spam protection system.
What I basically would like to do is:
Use the .forward file and start a script when a mail arrives. The script checks if the email is ok. (new emails from hotmail,... have to be approved, bcc is denied, exept for friends)

I know that's not possible on cobalt raq.
(perhaps if you got a dedicated server.)

But would that be pussible on any other UNIX/Linux host for a virtual site?

Had the possibility to do something like that on my university email:)
(did conditional forward just special mails to my cellular via sms).

Or would most hosts forbid doing that, because it's rather tricky to do and critical??

Greetings
Arno

hi,

thx. that host got there own spam protection installed.
worldzonepro also got something like that...

BUT i was thinking of coding that on my own.
(or modifying scripts i already got).

greetings arno

heh, or you could also simply use Outlook Express's "Message Rules" feature to do that for you.. I'm using that myself and it's been working great for me. Except that there ARE a couple of spams every now and then that is sent directly to my personal e-mail address in the "To:" field, and those are unblockable.

yes, i know that possibility.
and was already using it. with outlook (full version).
but i used to have imap and i still could see the unwanted email. (was deleted, but still in mail folder).
and usually i still also got a msg about new mail:-(
on the other hand i can not require people from hotmail (or other accounts, where there are a lot of spam mails) to verify that it's not a spam mail.
get automatic reply email and have to answer with something special in subject, so the email gets approved.

that's why i would like to do that server side.

Back