• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What host site do most people use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Jan

So says you who is promoting your own service :rolleyes: BTW I looked up the whois :devious2:

Is there a rule or something about placing more then what people care to see in your sig??

Will this forum become like AWW alt.www.webmaster where the hosts spam the company name in their actual name i.e. "joe - blah hosting" and include the stupid sigs like "$5/month for blah blah" (which for blah blah is a good deal :D)?? It's funny, the guy that runs AWW hates spam, yet allows this to go on. Does he need posters that bad? Nobody cares if your joe from blah hosting if all they want to know is how frames work. :rolleyes:

Sure, promote your service. But don't over promote it. A little sig "blah hosting - URL" should be all you need, not "Blah Hosting, the home of the $0.25/month hosting plan. 500 MB space & 50 GB transfer with UNLIMITED ftp/pop3 accounts - URL".

Originally posted by the elf
Is there a rule or something about placing more then what people care to see in your sig??
Not at all, well sometimes it has to be edited, but when someone asks about free hosts and a paid host comes on board and disses free hosting, that is clearly for promotional reasons.

I use quite a lot of different ones. I keep changing them and moving ads. I use Brinkster, which is good because it has no ads but there's no FTP, CGI, PHP etc. support. There is only one catch about brinkster- you have numbers next to the WWW, eg.
http://www16.brinkster.com/randommusings
But I could recommend a URL redirection service- try DotTK. It looks like a domain, and it's FREE! :D

For now I use amzweb.net for php,mysql,cgi,perl,ssi,...
For a fast host without ads I use aboutme.com
And sometimes tripod.co.uk to test some scripts...:)

Originally posted by the elf

Will this forum become like AWW alt.www.webmaster where the hosts spam the company name in their actual name i.e. "joe - blah hosting" and include the stupid sigs like "$5/month for blah blah" (which for blah blah is a good deal :D)?? It's funny, the guy that runs AWW hates spam, yet allows this to go on. Does he need posters that bad? Nobody cares if your joe from blah hosting if all they want to know is how frames work. :rolleyes:

Sure, promote your service. But don't over promote it. A little sig "blah hosting - URL" should be all you need, not "Blah Hosting, the home of the $0.25/month hosting plan. 500 MB space & 50 GB transfer with UNLIMITED ftp/pop3 accounts - URL".
on your 50 cent plan says

Fast 386 Powered servers with 4 MB RAM (Running Red Hat 2.0)

is that a joke?? :biggrin2:

Originally posted by EpidemiK

on your 50 cent plan says

Fast 386 Powered servers with 4 MB RAM (Running Red Hat 2.0)

is that a joke?? :biggrin2:

ROTFLMAO, click on the "order now" link and find out ;) lol

That page is for everyone that wants unlimited everything for under a $1/month. :rolleyes: Because for a $1, that's what you get! :confused2 Or a 20 min phone call and still have a cent left.

lmao again elf...

that fast 386 line cracks me up...

makes me want to build a new "pop-up-hell" and put it as free unlimited warez hosting with infinite space, infinite filesize, and infinite transfer...

but i am sure someone would get huffy about it.

the elf, you might consider removing that from your sig as it is coming up in a few threads, hence off topic replies to the thread in question. I leave it up to you, if you don't remove it I will run it by admin for their consideration.

Originally posted by 1upromo
I think freehostings not safety and reliable.Don't forget, it's free.

That's why you should use many free hosts for the same site and get a free URL from one of the many free URL providers (which are safer than free web hosts), so that if one goes down or tries to exploit you into paying for hosting by taking away features necessary for your site, you can just flip the URL to another free host.

Originally posted by Jan
the elf, you might consider removing that from your sig as it is coming up in a few threads, hence off topic replies to the thread in question. I leave it up to you, if you don't remove it I will run it by admin for their consideration.

It's not my problem they posted, PM and tell them to stay on-topic then, that's why your here Jan (don't blame me). I'm sick and tired of doing the same thing over and over and over again (and I'm sure others are too) when people ask for unlimited this and that along with half the world. So, if the person wants it, they'll click it and it'll save everyone here a whole wad of time. Sure I could just stay away from the post, but that's not like me (if you can tell by the way I post, I like to get into everything ;)).

So, if anyone wants unlimited hosting, I'll hook you up! ;)

edit: Or you could do what you like to do, and just delete the messages. I've had at least a few posts of mine (along with others) deleted today.

Last edited:
stupid piece of sh*t link i should have seen that coming though.......:eek:

Last edited:
Well, 499 other people and I use stibs.cc when it's up... :)

Pretty good but unstable. Yet again I revamp my site and I come back looking for new hosts for when stibs is down...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back