• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What has happened to HostingDepartment

yeah, their site is always up. I have an opened ticket lying there for over a week now. no answers. and their live chat has been offline for about a month already.

My guess is they have shared hosting elsewhere for their main site, and put their shared clients on a different server. Has anybody tried contacting the datacenter they are in?

i'm glad i left them. i had loads of downtime but i stuck with it for a lil over year. i would ask about downtime and they would fix it and say everythings fine now. never an explanation and it took me 2 days to a week to get an answer to my ticket. luckily, i backed up my sites often.

they are owned by Port9 Ltd. Apprently every is saying they have shut down for good. There is a thread inside dedicated host talk I think, about "UKEasily has gone geekrack style? :eek:". they are owned by Port9 Ltd too, they got their network cut off due to late payment.

check the links inside that post too, on WHT about it.

I still have 6 months with HostingDepartment.net. Everything is gone! I am so freakin lucky I thought to myself a few weeks ago to do a full backup. At least I only lost $12 out of this! Time to find a new host...

I used to frequently visit these forums about 2/3 years ago when I signed up to one of HD's offers on here. Really not happy!!!

sad to hear you guys have tuff time with them and they way they are reacting even they have to close their business they can simply give each client their backups and a notification for closing their business down its really weired and bad what they are doing.

Back