• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

what happened to host2x?

the domain redirected to hubrocket.com
seems like they get take over, or host2x.net is closed down and the owner starts a new host

idk, they recovered from getting hacked once, they were up for awhile after that, then went down without any warning, i'll be checking out this hubrocket :eek:

i think it is best to start from checking the domain whois, see if the domains belongs to the same person or not

checked it, their 2 different hosts, and i got some info from a friend who used h2x :eek:

«°Çhëmïçh°»: so got a website yet?
=TK=Lorz Geptun: yep
=TK=Lorz Geptun: lol
«°Çhëmïçh°»: May I see?
«°Çhëmïçh°»: I mean as replacement Ghosh xD
«°Çhëmïçh°»: kinda think I need to register
=TK=Lorz Geptun: :)
«°Çhëmïçh°»: lol
=TK=Lorz Geptun: http://rok.e107.me/index.php
=TK=Lorz Geptun: idk what happened with h2x
=TK=Lorz Geptun: lol
«°Çhëmïçh°»: host2x is gone dude
«°Çhëmïçh°»: couldn't afford themselves anymore
=TK=Lorz Geptun: ah
=TK=Lorz Geptun: wow
=TK=Lorz Geptun: that sux

This is taken from one of the announcements on HubRocket:

LightFire from HubRocket said:
For host2x.net users, you may be wondering why it redirects to HubRocket.

I asked the owner of Host2x.net, Karthik, to redirect host2x.net to HubRocket because host2x.net is now closed due to the abuse it got.

We won't be closing though :D

Enjoy our services, and you are more than welcome in HubRocket.

Sorry about that.

Our off-air time is only temporary. I am looking for a decent VPS provider to cater to our needs and notifies me first before taking action.

I am very sorry about that.

Ridiculous! This is the one of the many reasons I am opening up soon, these kiddy hosts are messing with the industry!

LightFire, you should look into getting a VPS though Lost Signal. He's good about letting people know when they're in trouble before it gets to the point where plugs get pulled. I use a VPS from him myself as a development node and as a backup DNS server, with provision to put my main site on it as well if something happens to my normal server arrangements that way I can maintain presence.

It's really not fair to anyone though when things get deleted without warning, and something that the industry really should try to get away from if it is to progress further as technology changes.

Last edited:
they consider survive quite long anyway, there is another host who provide free hosting, just dead after it open for less than 8 days.
lol

there is another host who provide free hosting, just dead after it open for less than 8 days.
That's a little less than the typical duration of a couple of weeks, or sometimes a month or two. But either way, I'm not surprised.

let me think here o yeah karthik also was a person involved with the planet hosts group.

let me think here o yeah karthik also was a person involved with the planet hosts group.

I fail to see how that is relevant. We had all of our servers through The Planet too. As everybody knows the merger took place earlier between The Planet and Soft Layer. All of The Planet's customers still receive the same pricing that they had on all of their current servers. So what's the problem?

Last edited:
i would say those free host who know what they are doing, able to stay long.

those free host who dunno what they are doing and simply give away huge space and bandwidth for free and do not have any mechanism of preventing spam and abuse signup, will die very fast.

Back