• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What features do you want in a free/paid host?

Clawz.com

Already have:
mySQL
PHP
CGI
Error Pages
POP3
Mail Forwarding
URL Forwarding
Domain Hosting
Sub-Domain Hosting

Trying to include as many features as I can before bringing up the servers, and of course test them to make sure they don't screw up.

mySQL
PHP
CGI
Error Pages
POP3
Mail Forwarding
URL Forwarding
Domain Hosting
Sub-Domain Hosting
These features usually comes with out-of-box control panel installed.

To get popular, I would recommend some developer tools/libraries.
There is no Ruby on Rails or Django support free hosting as far as I know.
That's why I suggest to add support for them for new free/paid hosts.

cPanel, Fantastico, htaccess, password protect directories, free templates, free layouts, RV Site Builder (or similar), free tutorials, etc...

That should give you a place to start from.

Oh, and @HostingSoftware, we do support Ruby on Rails...

But then again, we're not your typically free host.

Last edited:
cPanel, Fantastico, htaccess, password protect directories, free templates, free layouts, RV Site Builder (or similar), free tutorials, etc...
Uhm, again - these are not "webhost-specific" features but standard software features.

Good customer support. Dont mean to sound like an ---, but even if you offer free hosting, I am not keen on hosts that have the "Well you are getting it for free so fig off if you dont like it" attitude. Support replies in a timely matter, even if not resolved fully would be a good start. I think most real webmasters at least like to know that there is someone on the other end of the computer handling issues

Yea, I'm not going with those commercialized control panels...
I'd rather make my own.

Already have htaccess and password protect directories.

I'm going to look into Ruby on Rails, and Django.

I wish to see that free / paid both support jsp and pyhon.
If support ruby also then it would be great.

Back