• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What do you want to create your website?

Matt

RedRival is looking to host your content and we'd like to know what you need to build the website you want. Is it PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby, MySQL, PostgreSQL, sqlite, ftp access, secure ftp access, web-based FTP, shell access, an easy to use file manager, preinstalled scripts, available templates, or something else entirely?

List the top 3 to 5 things you want in a free host to develop the website and content you'd like.

none of those mentioned. I can adjust in their deficiency but what i look towards in a host are :-

1) Reseller/Dedicated
2) Duration in business
3) Rationality of hosting plans.

Features come next.

All those who say UNLIMITED or 999 are the ones to run away from.

And to still answer your question, for three things out of your chocies

1) PHP
2) Perl
3) MySQL database

I hope it helps,

Thomas

hi matt,
i need only these:

sqlite
php
ftp / secure ftp access
no forced ads.
disk space starts from 5mb to ...
user able to backup their site online (using zip) and able to restore back.

sincerely,
sleepsleep
http://sleep.50webs.com

Thank you, all, that's the kind of thing I'm looking for. If there's anything I've missed, post it here. You don't just have to pick out of the choices I've listed. :)

sleepsleep: Thank you for your response. We've been considering PHP 5 and SQLite and we've decided to implement them. They're now available for free starting now.

Any tools we can provide for content creation, we'll seriously consider. So if anyone has anymore requests, I'd be glad to hear them.

Back