• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What do you think of webhosting.com? (vs. tera-byte)

akersche

Anybody uses them or hear about their service?
Would appriciate input on that, cause I think I will go with them:)

http://www.webhosting.com/ $19.95 (if paid yearly) 125MB grant for 99,9%uptime and are a real host!(whoismyhost.com)
The only thing that makes me worry is "Unlimited Data Transfer or Hits". But I asked and they said it's 10-12GB/month. (that's ok)

They got a great rating on:
http://www.hostindex.com/voteresults.shtm

Do you think they are better than tera-byte?
(That's the other host I am thinking of)
tera-byte.com seems ok and they are cheap: $9.25 for 99MB
But they are in CA and I heard that there have been problems for US/Europe in the past (but it's fixed).
But what me makes worry is: no grant for uptime
What are your experiences?

And I guess they host spaceports.com(FSP), whish seems not to be good.

Or a reseller of VDI would be ok, too. But VDI got currently problems:-(

tera-byte would win hands down for me out of those two. And your account is on the same network as there dedicated servers which come with a 99% uptime gurantee so i cant see ur site going down too often. They have great support also.

Originally posted by akersche

Do you think they are better than tera-byte?
(That's the other host I am thinking of)
tera-byte.com seems ok and they are cheap: $9.25 for 99MB
But they are in CA and I heard that there have been problems for US/Europe in the past (but it's fixed).
But what me makes worry is: no grant for uptime

Last time I checked, CA (Canada) was in North America and not in Europe. Tera-byte.com has had good uptime. Dim8.net is on a Cobalt RaQ3 server and it never has been done for more than 2 hours.

thanks, no comments on webhosting.com

thanks for your helpful input. Looks like tera-byte would be a great desission.
So nobody got comments on webhosting.com. Thought they are a quite popular, quality host.

And robert: Sorry for beeing not exact enough. Know Canada is in America. But I was referring to the connection from Canada to US and from Canada to Europe.

Greetings Arno

Arno, agreeing with what Robert said, my RaQ4 is at Tera, as you know, and I've been happy there. I will make the distinction that having a dedicated server, and being on a shared server, isn't quite the same, and on that end, I've no experience with them, but others have...

thanks again.

Chicken, thanks for your help! And I think Tera is a great provider. And I get back to you as soon as possible. It is indeed good to know, who is on the same server.
Arno

Back