• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What do you think of Jesus Christ? Please answer here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rose21swf

The Bible says, "For ALL HAVE SINNED, and come short of the glory of God." (Romans 3:23)

Let's see if you have ever "sinned." We will do so by looking briefly at the Ten Commandments. Have you ever told a lie? If you have, then you are a liar. Have you ever stolen something (value is irrelevant)? Then you are a thief. Jesus said if you look with lust, you have committed adultery in your heart. If you hate, then you have committed murder in your heart. Have you loved God above all else? Have you made a 'god' to suit yourself (having your own beliefs about God)? Have you used God's name to curse, kept the Sabbath holy, honored your parents, or been greedy? Judge yourself--have you broken the Ten Commandments? Knowing that God has seen your thought-life, and every deed done in darkness, will you be innocent or guilty on Judgment Day? You know you will be guilty. So, will you end up in heaven or hell? Don't look to God's "goodness" to save you from hell. If God is good, He will punish murderers, rapists, thieves and liars. He is so righteous, He will punish all sin.

Because you are a sinner, you are condemned to death. “For the wages [payment] of sin is death” (Romans 6:23). This includes eternal separation from God in hell.

“ . . . it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment” (Hebrews 9:27).

The Bible also says, "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5 : 8 )

When Jesus Christ died on the Cross, He took the punishment for our sins. He stepped into the Courtroom and paid the fine for us. Then He rose from the dead, defeating death.

Jesus said:
"I am the door, if anyone enters by me, he will be saved..." John 10:9.

The Bible says:
"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." Romans 10:13.

In Acts 16:30-31, the Philippian jailer asked Paul and Silas: “ . . . ‘Sirs, what must I do to be saved?’ And they said, ‘Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved . . . .’ ”

Romans 10:9 says:
"For if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."

In Luke 18:13, the sinner prayed: “God be merciful to me a sinner.”

You can be saved right now and on your way to Heaven if you will open your heart to Jesus and pray the sinner's prayer out loud.

Sinner's Prayer

Just say out loud: "God be merciful to me a sinner. Jesus, I believe in You. I believe You are the Son of God, that You died for my sins, and that You were buried and that God raised You from the dead as written in the Bible. I confess You now as my Lord and Savior. Thank You, Jesus! Amen.”

If you prayed the prayer and meant it, God heard you and has come into you. He has saved you and has given you a new life, because you've been born again and your name is written in the lamb's book of life. You are now a born again believer and a Christian son or daughter of God and you will spend eternity in heaven. Welcome to the family of God.

I encourage you to pray the sinner's prayer today and secure your place in God's eternal heavenly kingdom. Don't wait till tomorrow because tomorrow may never come. We don't know exactly when we will die, this is why it is so important to get saved today because you may die prematurely in a traffic accident, terrorist attack or something else before you get another chance.

May the Lord's richest blessings of grace rest on You.

Here are some videos for you.
www.media.christiananswers.net
www.tbn.org/index.php/8/1.html

"The Passion of the Christ" directed by Mel Gibson.
www.bookschristian.com/refer/123/PRODUCT=134735

***Don't forget to print this page or copy and paste it to a .txt file on your computer in case this thread gets deleted.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16

._. <- There's my careface.

Anti-religious I am, Sam. And no, I don't want green eggs and ham.

Can't say I'm old enough to have met the guy. If I judged him by those who proclaim themselves his most devout followers, I'd think him a jerk and idiot, a bit dangerous, immoral and socially regressive... however, I don't think it would be fair to judge him by his followers so I won't.

Jesus is just alright with me, Jesus is just alright yeah yeah...

Oh, and by the way, it's Christians like you who give Christianity a bad name. I'm a Christian myself and I'm not against evangelism or anything, but you're basically spamming people with your beliefs.

This in't a preaching board! Why do I always get stuck with preachers. I gotta say they are effective though, they have made me question my non-belief.

I think its good for people to have some type of faith, but I feel jesus is responsible for more people's deaths than any disease. Religion is the foundation of most wars. I'm more of a peace person.

So true pdrucker, most wars come down to religious differences. If we just merged all the worlds religions into one, then there would be no need for war. Except, the initial wars for people angry about religion merging.

I don't know.

A guy that cursed a fig tree for not having figs, when figs were out of season, seems a little whacky to me.

Me and Jesus be cool, but I dont like spamming threads. Im for "spreading the good word and all", but you arent gonna convince nobody by spamming a webspace message board.

The part you fail to recognise is that you have not taken those verses from THE ORIGINAL latin version of the bible. Those quotes were probably references to the ones in the King James version -- the English version. It's quite obvious that a lot of things were edited out, to suit those in power at the time -- so don't go bad mouthing a religion completely-based on your findings on the internet. Go and read the bible, and then draw some conclusions.

If you want a more 'objective' (wrong word, but still), try and dig some an original copy of the bible, in latin, and read that. You'll find that many things are different in the two versions - a big part being that a lot of the stories about women have been cut out; why? because women had no rights at the time. so the version we see today simply isn't the whole story.

And the bible isn't about Jesus. Jesus is in the bible for a bit, but if you actually bothered to read it, you'll notice that Gensis has nothing to do with Jesus - and Revelations the same.

If you started bad-mouthing and contradicting the Koran or Torah, you'd probably be stoned. Instead, I'd have you crucified. Jackass.

(I don't hate people who protest a religion in particular, but they should have just reasons, and not some crap someone else put together that they found in the INTARWEB)

Jesus walks into a Holiday Inn. He puts 3 nails on the counter and says "Can you put me up for a night"

Whats the difference between a picture frame and a Jesus?

A picture frame only requires one nail.

I found this bit the most entertaining.
Rose21swf said:
***Don't forget to print this page or copy and paste it to a .txt file on your computer in case this thread gets deleted.

Clearly, Rose21swf is passionate about the thread. I doubt they were trying to say that we HAD to copy it, more that if we were interested, it might be a good idea to copy the information to look back on later.

I think a theology debate would liven things up around here (much like a bullfighting thread did once, eh? :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back