• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What do you really want from your hosting company?

enoughhosting

The main argument of this topic is free hosting.

I have been in the hosting industry for almost a decade. Free and paid both, Domain and subdomain or virtual directory based. Markets have change a whole lot over the years. I am interested to know what people are looking for from their hosts recently. Its like your demand form, please answer with your suggestions and demands.

1) Free or paid like cheap?
Are you just looking for totally free hosting, or are you willing to pay a few bucks like $5 per year for your own domain hosting. Please note that there are some differences between these two options. As some times the free servers are overloaded, abused with junk and comparatively slower etc. On the other hand a cheap host can provide almost business class service and uptime, backup etc just like the big boys like 1and1. I am not saying free is bad, just asking if you want to pay or not!

2) Domain or subdomain?
Are you willing to spare a few bucks for a .com .net or similar domain and host it almost free or are you determined to get it totally free on a subdomain like http://yoursite.domain.com and stay totally free.

2) Windows or linux?
Is there any demand for windows hosting at all or are you looking for just static site or php, mysql, no matter windows or linux.

3) Banner ads or forum post or paid?
If you are looking for a totally free hosting then some how the host must make some money to cover the costs. Is it ok to have banner ads on your site? That can offer your a reliable service. Or would you login to a forum at certain intervals and post some message to stay free. The other option is paid cheap hosting with domain name.

4) How much disk space?
Do you really need 10 giga free disk space, if so why. What do you think is a good amount of disk space for your needs?

5) What is your dream hosts configuration and at what price?

I am requesting both hosters and end users to answer, so that we can all help each other in meeting our hosting demands.

Last edited:
Did I post this topic in the wrong category? Should this be in the free hosting discussion forum?

Not, sure but since people are looking for hosting here. I think they more likely to answer with there demands here. (please move if wrong)

Did I post this topic in the wrong category? Should this be in the free hosting discussion forum?

Not, sure but since people are looking for hosting here. I think they more likely to answer with there demands here. (please move if wrong)

Yes, this should be in Free Hosting Discussions since you're not offering a hosting package. I just sent a message - once the mods see that, it'll get moved. No worries. :)

For me its better service that i'm expecting from any hosting services. Otherwise the entire work will get affected by the process. And also its better to have paid one in order to ensure maximum benefits.

Back