• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What do you do while a pro is making your website?

Conscript

NLC
NLC
I am conducting a bit more research about how web designers and clients interact and this is the next thing I want to ask about.

While you are in the process of having a website created, what are some things you do?

And for web designers in here, what are some things you wish your customers did during the process that would make it easier on you?

My goal here is to create more informed business clients so that web designers can have better clients and the clients can get better results.

Here are a few things I came up with to get everyone started. Feel free to comment or build on these as well.

- Get regular progress updates to ensure the project is on track

- Empower the designer (let them make creative decisions as long as they fulfill the requirements you set and don't be too nit picky about creative things - they are the pros!)

- Always ask for 2 recommendations when you are asked to make a key decision

- Cooperate Fully - that means fulfill requests for information or decision promptly, make yourself available to the designer if they need to speak with you, if you cannot fulfill some requests make sure to let the designer know ASAP instead of letting them wait or giving them the run around.

- Single Point of Contact - have someone (you or someone on your staff) be a Single Point of Contact for your web designer so they don't have to chase information or staff members and can get what they need to do their jobs quicker.

Back