• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What cellphone should I get?

adizlaja

Hello everybody,

I am looking to get a cellphone for myself sometime soon, and I would like to ask all of you for some help. I need some pretty cheap phone, nothing too expensive, that might have some rebate deal on it so that it comes out to cost barely anything. I will also not need too many minutes, so I'm hoping to get a pretty good deal.

Please post any comments you might have or any links to offers. Thanks in advance. :)

:callme:

You're in luck cause I'm a cell phone salesman at Best Buy.

The best deals going on are Cingular, as the previous poster mentioned.

Just about every carrier is doing free phones now a days, so that shouldn't be an issue. Just be warned, free phones are NEVER the good phones. The best one they do have for free is the Samsung x427 I think. At best buy you'd have to pay $50 and get a mail in rebate for $50 so it would be free.

A $29.99 plan should be plenty for you. That would include about 300 minutes and 1000 night and weekend. If that seems like it's way too much, then you should be considering a prepaid phone rather than a contract.

Anyways, wherever you go for phones and whatever you end up buying, make sure you do a 1 year contract, not 2 year. Sometimes dealers will pretend like you can only get stuff with a 2 year, so that's when you go to Best Buy and get your free phone on a 1 year :biggrin2:

Note: NEVER buy a phone at a corporate dealership store. EVER. The corporate store accross the street from our Best Buy charges $199 for a phone w/2 year contract that we have for $79 w/1 year contract. Trust me, dealers are rip offs.

If you have any questions or anything fire away, I'll be glad to help you out.

I use sprint pcs. $30 a month (I get a $7.50 a month discount due to work) and I got a Samsung A460 for free. Nice flip phone. Then that broke and they gave me a Samsung A660 for free (nice flip color phone). The $30 a month I got includes 300 minutes, unlimited night and weekends with nights starting at 8PM. I don't know if you can get that or not, but it may be worth a try.

.. in australia :p

about the 24mo contract, i'm currently on one.. and my family is on its 3rd 2year contract.. don't be frightened by them, just make sure you've chosen a reliable company, but certainly get a 12mo if u can...

I myself have nokia 3310. I don't see the point in spending $$$ on a colour phone with mp3 support, when my mp3 player is so much better.. :chinese2:

I use a Sony Ericcson Z600. It's pretty good and I recommend it to anybody.

Initially, I wanted to get the Three video phone. (Motorola A925). However, they were too new and the dropout rates are way too high. So I settled for Optus (the 2nd largest telecom company in Australia) and got me the Sony Ericcson phone.

Cell phone doesn't sound stupid, like mobile phone, now does it Phyx? :p

Anyway, I'd recommend a phone that allows you to send and recieve phone calls. With a default ring. Everything else about cell phones annoys the ---- out of me...almost as much as the people who use them.

It's cell phone, just the same as a regular phone is called a landline...because cell phones use, duh, cells.

My Nokia 6340i came free with my Cingular plan. I wouldn't want any other phone, because a cell phone should just be a freakin' PHONE and not a camera, gameboy, mp3 player, or an instant messaging service.

haha a 6340i. The GAIT phone.. or as we call it in our department "the sh***y phone"

It's a bad phone, I'm sorry.

for a free phone I'd go with X427 by Samsung or the t720 from Motorola.

Originally posted by Phyxisus
Phone + Mobility = Mobile Phone:devious2:

shouldn't it be Mobility Phone? or in your case, Phone Mobility, or even Phone Mobile :classic2: :chinese2:

Originally posted by notnamed
Amen Ben. And PDAs shouldn't be in color with a graphics chip capable of playing Doom 3.
I have to admit, that would be cool, albeit pointless.

Back