• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

what after domainzero?

robertao

Hello!

Most of you probably know that Domainzero is not offering free domain names anymore. Well, does anybody know what will be in the end of the one-year period? When I signed, the terms were that we should renew the domain if we agree to receive more company emails. Well, but since then, their service is not free anymore and I don't know what will happen... Does anybody know anything? Or does anybody know a forum or somewhere I may get this information?

THANKS!

Robertão

From what I understand, they will not being doing the email thing cause , well they never sent those emails out ;) ... But I believe they will give you the price to register the domain again, which from the enom.com site, I can only gues it will be $15 for another year.

Well if you know someone with an ENOM reseller account, you can transfer your domainzero domains to their account (ask them first) - and there's no charge...and you're out of domainzero's control.... :)

That's what I did...

Originally posted by rockergrrl
Well if you know someone with an ENOM reseller account, you can transfer your domainzero domains to their account (ask them first) - and there's no charge...and you're out of domainzero's control.... :)

Does anybody here have an ENOM reseller account and would be willing to do this for me? Please e-mail me. Thanks. :)

Hmm... PowerPipe.com is an Enom reseller, apparently... I registered a domain there the other day and I have the same control panel as DZ domains do, and on whois, it lists the registrar as "ENOM.COM"... I wonder if I could transfer mine over there for their nice $8.88 price. :)

Funny, that you agree to receive 'junk mail' from domainzero in return for the free domain.... I must of registered my free domain with them a month or two before they decided to stop and only received two junk mail from them :)

I tried to transfer a domainzero to directnic ... but they wouldn't release my domain altho I'm Registrant , Administrative , Billing & Technical on my whois. I trying yo contact domainzero , but no reactions so far (3days) :(

And forgot to tell I found this on the FAQ :

Q:Can I sell/transfer ownership of my new domain name or effectively change the information in my domain name file such as registrant and e-mail?

A:Yes. Owners of domain names secured through us can sell or transfer ownership of their domain name. You need to log into your domain name account at http://access.ehost.com and enter your domain name [domainname.com] and your password to gain edit access to your domain name account. You are also responsible for all upkeep and maintenance to your domain name file(s).

http://ehost.domainzero.com/esupport/index.cgi?pg=/docs/faqdnr.html&aob=D0&aff_id=&roid=&rmer=

Transferring the domains away from DomainZero would probably be the safest thing to do.

You're right - there's no way to know what will happen at the end of the registration period. Maybe then you won't get any more junk mail!

:)

Ya I tried ... but they wouldn't release my domain (thatz what directnic told me) altho I am the owner (Registrant , Administrative , Billing & Technical) ...
maybe u can give me more info patrickw 'cause u seem to work for a domain reg. company.

Thx

Originally posted by rockergrrl

That's what I did...

I have some domains with RegisterFly and they are with ENOM. I'd like to know if anyone else has had luck transfering to another ENOM reseller? That might be the ticket out. Rockergrrl, who did you transfer to?

[Edited by jiminsd on 04-26-2001 at 02:18 AM]

I transfered them through a friend of mine's reseller account (I can't give out names - they're not from this board).... He got permission from Enom to do it...and Enom said to do it before Domainzero got total control over the domains... :D Even enom doesn't like them apparently..

Someone on this board knows about the Domainzero transfer thing.... Someone really well known... Because I told him about it... :D

I'm not giving out specific names, because I can imagine all the emails he'll get with people hounding him to help transfer their Domainzero names... LOL

Sworn to secretcy

I wrote RegisterFly and here is their response....

"you will have to first write them and ask that they take this lock off of this domain name. Once they let you know that they've done this then you can submit the transfer request."

Sounds like you could be stuck paying their $20 fee if you want to keep the domain. Lucky for me, mine is a domain that I can let go and probably will.

My Domainzero name wound up with ehost and I asked them to unlock it and they did. I haven't transferred the registration as yet, though.

Back