• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What about the little guys?

RexM

Greets all!

I have a small site thats upand comming, it already has a dedicated readership but costs are getting a little annoying. So I have decided I would like to replace our current linkexhange banner with something that might make a litle money to help with the hosting costs. But, I am almost positive that I will be turned down by most banner cos because of the ammout of hits at this early stage. So what I am wordering now is who? What banner ad cos are decent for the little guys?

I have seen
bluefishnetwork , cj and websitesponsors(I know about chet) as possibilities .

At anyrate, I am not fooling my self, I don't expect much even a couple bucks a month would do, bascily every little bit helps. So if you have any ideas........

Thanks in advance!

[Edited by RexM on 02-21-2001 at 08:23 PM]

I don't have any stats as of now, it would probabily just fit in the smallist of the small. Sorry I can't be of much more help :(

Valueclick??
Hamster.com?

[Edited by RexM on 02-21-2001 at 09:49 PM]

ValueClick no longer serve small sites. Hamster has a bad rep, but I noticed that Supermoo is using them on one of his sites, so its possible that they've become legit.

Your best bet is probably to go with one of the CPA managers that offer a banner rotation service, such as CJ, DirectLeads, OnResponse, etc.

If you feel that your visitors can bear it, you could also think about employing popups or popbehinds.

Plus, there's no doubt that every sikte can benefit from using a searchbox program, such as those offered by SearchTraffic, AdSearches and SearchReferral.

Basicly, don't be afraid to experiment, and you should be able to find a solution that's right for your site in no time! ;)

Chet?

Oh, BTW, what about Chet?

Supermoo referred to an old thread in a previous post, suggesting that there's something wrong with Chet's ethics, but I couldn't find any mention of Chet (or Chester) within that thread.

I've always found Chet and WebsiteSponsors to be reputable, supportive and competent. Is there something I'm missing here?

What about:

http://terrashare.com/

They are a free host and, if you are in the US, they say that they pay USD0.50 CPM.

I see that they are buying adspace on other sites to promote the scheme so I guess that they are doing OK.

jpoc

Re: Chet?

Originally posted by Czar

Supermoo referred to an old thread in a previous post, suggesting that there's something wrong with Chet's ethics, but I couldn't find any mention of Chet (or Chester) within that thread.

I've always found Chet and WebsiteSponsors to be reputable, supportive and competent. Is there something I'm missing here?

I just herd some stories a while back that his temper can sometimes get outta control. I doubt its true but I also herd he had inpersonated an officer of the courts for personal gain aswell.

I dunno, I liked their site and the support forum was full of people that seemed happy.

Are they decent? Do I stand a chance of getting in?

-rex

Originally posted by jpoc
What about:

http://terrashare.com/

They are a free host and, if you are in the US, they say that they pay USD0.50 CPM.

I see that they are buying adspace on other sites to promote the scheme so I guess that they are doing OK.

jpoc

Sounds like a cool idea! but unfortunatly I need My_SQL and PHP4 (zend!!!) for my site so Idon't think they are gonna work.

Re: Re: Chet?

Originally posted by RexM
Originally posted by Czar

I just herd some stories a while back that his temper can sometimes get outta control. I doubt its true but I also herd he had inpersonated an officer of the courts for personal gain aswell.

I dunno, I liked their site and the support forum was full of people that seemed happy.

Are they decent? Do I stand a chance of getting in?

-rex

I think KapTainKuRk, is the one you'd want to contact for information about Chet.

Also, for small websites (50 or more pageviews a month) I've noticed http://www.bulliex.org/ I don't yet know if they pay but seem quite good. A 50c CPM isn't too bad for small sites! :)

Finally, what Czar said;
Basicly, don't be afraid to experiment, and you should be able to find a solution that's right for your site in no time!
Is true, experiment and you'll find the correct solution!

Good Luck,

I do intend to experiment, I just wanted to know which services to try first.

http://www.bulliex.org/ dosen't appear to work. Heck 50C CPM is better then zero :)

Well from the websponsors forum, the people seem quite content, but then again those under a tyrant often seem to be quite content.

-Rex

well bullex claims it's for small or medium sites only. Also, since only 50views/month is the limit, i suppose most of the affiliates don't ever get to $50 (whether the rate be $1 or $.5, which i can't seem to figure out). Also, you can only have 1 banner, or your rate drops from $1.1 to $1 (wow huge drop:lol). Finally, less than 5% of your unique visitors can come from the same IP. That means if you're not on a dynamic IP, and you visit your own site a lot (and you have less than 600 unique visitors/month) you're most likely gonna get kicked out.

Originally posted by Woofcat
I assume you mean http://www.bullex.org/

They look kind of shady (AllAdvantage banners on their site, the IP the ads are served from points to some soccer site?, nameservers hosting4u.net, etc)...

hehe... yeah that one there http://www.bulliex.org/ don't work for me! ;)

lol, I remember saying the exact same thing about the AA banners a while back... can't remember why I suddenly changed my mind! :(

Hmmm... silly cattle. ;)

Originally posted by Woofcat
I assume you mean http://www.bullex.org/

They look kind of shady (AllAdvantage banners on their site, the IP the ads are served from points to some soccer site?, nameservers hosting4u.net, etc)...

If you have a look around the bullex site, you will spot that it has not been updated for a long time. The newest page that I could see was from May last year. That explains that presence of the alladvantage banners as they are hard coded and not served from another machine.

Given that the rates are from the first half of last year, it is not a surprise that they look reasonable.

I applied to join then a few months ago and heard nothing so it looks as though they are inactive. That is a shame as their scheme looks to be just what a number of folks here are looking for.

jpoc

Back