• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Weird hosting plans

Bernhard

I suggest this one for the "Weirdest Hosting Plan 2002" Award:

LowestCostHost.com :D

They offer huge amounts of webspace at very low prices, BUT give you just enough bandwidth to transfer your complete site 1 (one) time per month! :rolleyes:

1000 MB space - 1000 MB bandwidth/month
2000 MB space - 2000 MB bandwidth/month
etc.

I guess there are few 1000 MB sites that use only 1 gig of bandwidth. Very strange offer IMHO.

See: http://www.lowestcosthost.com/pricing.php

This, at least to me, looks like an advert.

As for the specs. I suppose it would be good for those that don't offer much in the way of downloadable files and perhaps text files which can be compressed server side using suck tools as mod_gzip, etc. It might seem a wierd offer, but a lot of users go for the service with a load of space, even though the bandwidth is rather narrow. I can indeed see how you would find the offer strange.

I don't see a problem with Bernhard's post, he isn't exactly a new drop in and he has his own URL in his profile.

I see it as strange too that a host would offer 1000Mb space and 1000Mb bandwidth, scale it down and it is like offering 100Mb space and 100Mb bandwidth :confused2

LOL...if that sounds like advertising to you, I suggest you clean your ears. Nope, I neither own this hosting company, nor am I affiliated with this hosting company and, unlike you, I'm not doing any advertising for anybody :D Don't project your own (bad?) intentions onto others.
This board does not solely serve the purpose of giving you the opportunity to sell your accounts. It's about paid webhosting. Period.

But why post this then? Theirs probably another 1000 companies that offer similar plans out there. What makes these guys so special?

I doubt there are 1000 others like this. I've looked through quite a few and they were probably the ones with the least appropriate webspace/bandwidth combination I've seen so far. And I find that weird, hence I posted it here.
Not everything necessarily has to serve the purpose of making $$$. You need a break ;)

Back