• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Webserver that supports asp

puzo

Hi,
I would like to open my own server, i need ASP support, i tried IIS, unfortunatly it has a 10 clients limit (users which sre connected at the same time), does anyone know a tweak to fix that?
I also tried alot of serverp programs, some either don't support asp or dont work, im willing to pay, ill accept any help,
Thanks,

Mike.

You're using the IIS that comes with Win2k/XP Professional? It's a broken down version meant for personal web pages only.

Windows Server 2003, Web Edition comes at $399
Sun ONE Active Server Pages comes at $495

I'd suggest using only IIS for ASP. Sun has done a decent job but it's still not 100% "real" ASP and it's $100 more expensive in any case.

Originally posted by puzo
do you mean Windows .NET 2003 Webserver cause thats what im d/l'ing now
It's the same thing, Microsoft just changed the name after release candidate 2 from Windows .NET Server to Windows 2003 Server.
You know it needs to be activated just like WinXP right? Just downloading and installing it won't do you any good.
If it's a release candidate they still need to be activated (mine did anyway) but it'll only run for a year after installation.

Back