• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Webserve.ca - Bad Experience

ServiceUptime

We were looking for some more worlwide locations for our service and desided to go with more locations in Canada. There were 3 companies that were higly recommended and we got accounts at all of them. I will tell only bad experience now.

First, webserve.ca has very friendly live support and when you talk to representative (if you catch him online) you think there won't be any problems ever as the support is so cool but... since after that only bad experience starts. No technical support at all. None of our problems were ever solved for more than 3 weeks. I will tell you just one issue so you could see the value of this problem. The apache on their server is configures so if "ftp" word is in URL it will return 403 - Forbidden. Like index.php - ok index.php?ftp - will return 403. so if you have a page leFTPanel.php it will be never displayed. This is still not solved though the 4rd week started.

Every time we talked to any of them we had to explain all our problems from the very beginning and it seemed their support and servers are in different countries. Like we filled cancellation form and it said you get refunded 3 days after submition but 3 days later we get email from them asking why we want to cancel and that we had to fill the form that we already fiiled. We emailed them back insisting on the refund but 2 more days passed and we got no responce yet. In short, this is about 2 weeks since we are trying to get money back but didn't succeded yet though emailed them at least 5 times got the reply only once.

Lastly, thier uptime leaves so much to be desired. One day it went down 5 times.
you can see thier uptime here

As the conclusion: We would not recommend this webhoster to anyone ever. Beware!

Last edited:
Did you try doing those investigations PRIOR to paying out a bill. Also, did they offer you a 30 Day Free Trial? Free Trials are always deal-makers, no pressure/no contract, yet to get to see the true service offered by a provider at the same time. Sorry you had such a bad experience with that host. Seems most people have bad experiences with hosts lately, you never hear any good stories anymore.

actually I have good stories about 2 other Canadian hosts that we signed up with lately :)

yes webserve has money back guarantee but as I mentioned above it doesn't guarantee you anything since we are getting our money back for 2 weeks already. they didn't even reply "Ok you will get the money! Just give us some time". They just ignore our emails.

hottweelz said:
Do they have a phone number to call? Or Live Support over the Internet?

They do have live support and I already know all thier nicknames on live chat and have about 6 live chat transcripts :) Every time I ask them something they say it will be solved soon. no action.

we are still testing 2 other companies and not using them as locations. we usually test them for month os so. so far one to mention is ------------. we had one huge downtime with them but it was some serious problem and they promissed this will never happen again and gave us one free month of testing :) Support is lil bit slow but solves all problems immediately. For now I would recommend this one.

wow it is banned here :confused4 makes me think again

Last edited:
bizzzare said:
we are still testing 2 other companies and not using them as locations. we usually test them for month os so. so far one to mention is ------------. we had one huge downtime with them but it was some serious problem and they promissed this will never happen again and gave us one free month of testing :) Support is lil bit slow but solves all problems immediately. For now I would recommend this one.

And now you need to worry about why that name is banned? -----

I tried so many of them lately and feel like I can write a good review ;) But Best Customer Host-Research Award 2005 would be also cool :)

One more week passed and we had to cancel one more hosting subscription. I'm very glad it is banned here as the company turned out to be highly unreliable though everything seemed like it was a leader on Canadian market. 2 huge downtimes in one week (7 and 6 hours) not mentioning shorter downtimes. Here is uptime statistics.
The company is "ex(i)sthost(i)ng.com"
Beware!

It is not that important as we already have one stable location in Canada. We are just looking for reliable webhosting outside the US as we already have many of them here. If the third competitor that we currently try turnes out to be a bad one too we will search for more locations somewhere else but not in Canada for sure as it is not a good stats for 2 out of 3 companies being unreliable.

Back