• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Webmasters of FREE w/PAID Hosts, FREE MEANS ¿¿¿¿

ibfw

Why can't hostmasters who have a PAID service give away QUALITY FREE SERVICE(s) ?

quality being maybe 50-100 megs space, decent bandwith ( 1-2 GIG month )
FTP
and maybe CGI-BIN or PHP w/MySQL or any database
all this WITHOUT POP-UPS or BANNERS on pages

This is to hostmasters that ALSO have a PAID hosting service but offers FREE space
this is not referring to hostmasters who doesn't have a PAID service

maybe your offers shouldn't say "FREE" and be redifined to another TERM, if this isn't possible, because you are NOT GIVING away something for NOTHING if theres ADS ( banners and pop-ups )
well, maybe a banner back to YOUR PAID hosting service would be OK.

now don't get your draws up in a knot now,
I'm just asking :)

Or can we just say this is "business as usual"

FREE = something for nothing in return

heres the word FREE in the dictionary, click
HERE to reference.

Not affected or restricted by a given condition or circumstance

Given, made, or done of one's own accord; voluntary or spontaneous: a free act of the will; free choices.

Webmasters opinions please

oh yeah

free NOT TO SIGN UP TO MY SERVICE IS NOT AN OPTION/ANSWER :confused: :eek:

free webhosting

In the context of webhosting, free means it dosn't cost a thing in money to the user. However, since it costs something for the hostmaster, some source of income is needed. That is why there are usually some sort of ads on the member's pages and on the website itself. That explains also why they often have some premium accounts with much more features and less restrictions they try to convince you to upgrade to.

Originally posted by tandoc
they won't do it - their wasting money for people's websites they don't even know :rolleyes:

what do you THINK the PAID part of their hosting company is for ?

:chinese2: :confused:

If I were the host, I wouldn't give out free accounts... I would give those accounts to paid hosting users and get more money... + I don't have to monitor free hosting accounts.

Originally posted by ibfw

what do you THINK the PAID part of their hosting company is for ?

:chinese2: :confused:

their not running it at a loss - then its ok to host sites of ppl u dont know - at least that way if they do something bad - the host keeps the customer's money and kicks them off the server

I don't think many of these users understand that hosts have to PAY to provide services; they don't get everything for free!

It's virtually pointless for a paid host to offer free services, they could be getting paying customers instead.

Would you buy a house, rennovate it then rent it out for free....i think not. :rolleyes:

*Nothing is 'free', someone somewhere is paying for it.*

If a webhost hosts your site for 'free' then they are paying for YOU to have a website. Why should we pay when your not willing to.

( Just a comment not starting a row or anything :normal2: )

Last edited:
Yes, true free hosting does not exist. At least not until I win the lottery! However, it still won't be really "free," as I'll allow on my host, if it happens, only entertainment-related sites (ie, a website on movies, television, music, etc.) whose webmasters aren't getting paid in any way, shape, or form to run their sites -- hey, even if I were rich, I wouldn't be stupid -- I would require the webmaster to submit the current URL of his or her site if he or she already has one on the internet, or if he or she does not have the website on the internet, he or she must provide a description of the website, and I would manually set up the accounts. I would offer the following on my host:

Unmetered Disk Space
Unmetered Data Transfer (on a 100 mbps connection, at least -- of course, I'd upgrade as I'd need to)
No File Size Limits (not sure about this, but if there would be a limit, it would be 5+ mb, since by my host's nature, I'd have no problem with warez)
FTP Access
PHP/SSI/MySQL (no CGI; once again, even if I were rich, I still wouldn't be stupid; nobody really NEEDS CGI)
All File Types Accepted
And, of course, no ads on member pages!
Still No Hotlinking Allowed in General (but on a case-by-case basis, I may exempt certain sites from this rule so that one may post an image on a guestbook or forum or whatever)
For the URL: either a subdomain (from 10 different choices, like with freewebsites.com), or if the site owner has a domain name, he or she may host that on my server (but the owner must supply his or her own domain name)

Last edited:
Originally posted by Majin
Stop bitching.. You should be glad they aren't making you pay for their hosting.

This post wouldn't have been complete without a bitch like you replying

you didnt have the mental capacity to overlook this post

now you showed you're a dumb bitch with your comment

carry on imbecile :)

This post wouldn't have been complete without a bitch like you replying

you didnt have the mental capacity to overlook this post

now you showed you're a dumb bitch with your comment

carry on imbecile :)

Maybe you're the imbecile :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Nemesis249
Would you buy a house, rennovate it then rent it out for free....i think not. :rolleyes:

*Nothing is 'free', someone somewhere is paying for it.*

( Just a comment not starting a row or anything :normal2: )

RENT as defined by DICTIONARY

you cant RENT a house for free

but you CAN GIVE a room(s) to someone for FREE

If a webhost hosts your site for 'free' then they are paying for YOU to have a website. Why should we pay when your not willing to.

Well they ( webhost) aren't offering you FREE webspace as they claim

thats the point :)

Last edited:
Originally posted by R. K. Raja

Maybe you're the imbecile :rolleyes:

I'm a MAYBE

but you're a DEFINATE :)

this posts says
This is to hostmasters that ALSO have a PAID hosting service but offers FREE space
this is not referring to hostmasters who doesn't have a PAID service
and YOUR site doesn't offer free, but yet you commented, thank for proving who the imbecile is today :)

have you ever heard the phrase, its best to keep your mouth shut and be thought of as an idiot, than to open your mouth and remove all doubts ?

please choose another dick to ride, thank you

:confused: :chinese2:

Last edited:
Originally posted by Cracker
Yes, true free hosting does not exist.

Actually I have a GREAT FREE HOST :)

but like you've said many times inpost

The best free hosts are the ones thats kept private

I've referred about 5 persons from here on where to get free space
with
over 500 MEGS disk space
PHP
CGI-BIN
.htaccess
FTP
POP3 mail
NO ADS
NO REDIRECT
NO POP-UPS
FAST SERVER
and unmetered traffic.
basically everything except MySQL :)

and I've had that service for almost 2 years now :)

space
with
over 500 MEGS disk space
PHP
CGI-BIN
.htaccess
FTP
POP3 mail
NO ADS
NO REDIRECT
NO POP-UPS
FAST SERVER
and unmetered traffic.
basically everything except MySQL :)

and I've had that service for almost 2 years now :)

Whoever is providing that must be stupid :D

I'm on a great free host that pretty much provides the same things as your host, except there's no server side scripting capabilities, no e-mail, and a 250 kb file size limit. The host has been mentioned here before (which is how I discovered it), but the only people I "refer" to it are those that see my site's links page.

Back