• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Webmasters and Advertisements

Whats your preffered advertisement method for your site ?

• Small Button/Text Link

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • Bottom of page banner

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Top of page banner

• Pop Up ( visitor must close )

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pop-under ( visible ONLY AFTER exit from site )

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Exit Page/Exit Redirect

• Top Frame

• Bottom Frame

• Total voters

ibfw

We know all FREE WEBPAGE hosters have to make money somehow.
Their most popular tactics are ADS, personally, I can't blame them, because NOTHING is for FREE :(
Well, let webmasters know what method of advertisement is preferred on your site/free page.

After all, you the webpage holder, want to control as much as possible how your page LOOKS to YOUR visitors.

Select what PREFFERED method of advertisement would you like webmasters to provide.

You may comment as to why.

Last edited:
The problem with this thread is that all the different type of advertisments listed; all have different revenue opportunities.

Some may be good for possibly making money (popunders), some aren't worth jack shit (small button, text link), etc.

I tend to think of it in terms of what I don't like. When I'm surfing I hate pop-ups and pop-unders so I assume that visitors to my site feel the same and don't want to deal with them. I'm also not a big fan of frames so I'd prefer not to use top or bottom frames either.

I voted for the text-link or button but realistically I know that if I want a decent amount of webspace and bandwidth from a reliable host with good features, free, I'll have to deal with a banner ad so I'm willing to put up with it.

well, i think the visitors of your site have to feel good.
- no popups, no popunders, no exit popups
and they don't like it when the site is full of ads
- no banners, no frames

The only kind of ads that i like are text links.
But you can't really make money with it, only with dialer links, and i'm sure your users will never visit your site again.

I've learned that and so i don't show any kind of ads on my site anymore.

#Cyberflash

Popups

I don't understand why webmasters want to have some kind of popup on their sites. They say the click rate is higher, but a popup will also prevent visitors coming back again.

I would rather see a text link and they would make money but Popups are okay if they arent more then 1.

it depends, i like no ads and text link but u must make money somewhere, i say pop-unders that display ONLY once a day on the entire server, and maybe if u have a popular site well blended banners (aka user placable)

MY Preference in order is

TEXT or BUTTON Link
Pop Under
Exit Pop Up
PLACEABLE BANNER (linkable) ( 70-80 pixels maximum height :)

I HATE when another top banner is ABOVE my site logo...
I have no problem putting them side-by-side tho ( 80 pixels height max )

With me it depends on my site. I run many sites and use many diff. free hosts. If my site is a personal type site I can stand popups and banners. Popups preferred over banners because I sometimes use frames, and banners mess those up. However, I like the popups that show once a day per user.

All in all i vote popups because hosts with these get the most money of any ads so i feel like they might last and they really don't bother me much.

I actually prefer popups, or user-placeable banners.
With a banner I can place where I want, I could easily incorporate into my layout, so it won't bug me.

Back