• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Webmaster freeware & shareware

dummy

Well, I have ideas about starting a site of freeware and shareware only for webmasters. I haven'r run into sth like this (at least good ones) in the net. So I started thinking: will anyone ever need this stuff.

Almost all visitors of Freewebspace pages should be webmasters. So I'd like to ask you: what do you think about that idea? Would you be interested visiting this site and downloading freeware and shareware? Or do you get it elsewhere and this site is not worth the trouble?

Thank you

Not worth the trouble. I mean, download.com is already there and they have a whole section for web development. If that's already there, why would I go look for another one just for webmasters?

'cause download.com is slow sometimes (lots of times for me) and they just link the softwares.

Still, I agree with Nick.... I mean, there's tucows.com! They've got nearly everything too, plus reviews and lots of mirror sites.

Think you can accomplish that and more?

Don't forget

filedudes.com they have a pretty decent, well organized, some reviewed & rated collection. Site is sluggish tho.

dummy, I say do what makes you happy. There are lots of download sites, each w/it's unique features/offerings & problems. But there are also millions of surfers w/their particular needs, requirements & quirks. If you've got some ideas, try 'em out. If it doesn't work, you can always yank the plug & go fishin'!

Later,
RR

[Edited by Rotten Rhonda on 02-06-2001 at 02:52 AM]

What about Webattack.com? Mostly internet/webmaster stuff, and sure, it's not as big as Tucows or some others but it's well maintained and neat.

Check it out... httpp://www.webattack.com

There's usually another similar site, if not 300 sites doing the same thing (in any non-net business as well). That isn't always the question.

You can always make your better then the rest.

Back