• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Webhost4life download speeds?

boborg

Anybody here got experience with download speeds from webhost4life? I'm experiencing speeds of 20-25 kb/sec from my account. Support says the normal would be 80 and they have tested this at their end.

I'm based in Europe (Denmark) and can download fine (my max line capacity is 217 kb/sec) from other US servers.

I've put up a zip file if you want to test speed. Reports from US users would be appreciated.

http://www.sattv.dk/test.zip

Last edited:
1 meg pipe got a variable 55k-15k was up and down quite a bit looks like the conections loaded

~30KBPS from here one of our servers (has a 1Gbps card). Normally get download rates of 200 to 300KBPS

So yes, that is pretty slow.

Last edited:
Thanks guys.

Certainly the excuse below I've got from their support seems pretty poor. I guess you get what you pay for...

----
Let us know when you got the rest result. I would believe this is because geographical difference since information need to travel through wire for a really long distance, performance will be affected greately.
----

22kbps here.

I am guessing they are Denmark based going from their domain?

But yeah, it seems either they really oversold their lines, or they are uploading using a cable connection. =)

Webhost4life is US based. My domain sattv.dk which is a danish page is hosted by them.

Last edited:
Back