• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Web Money

rfernandes

Has anyone used web money before...my upstream provider has included the same in the list of payment option..wanted some feedback

It is not popular in US only few ISP use it as a payment mode, your upstream provider have no other choice of payment only web money?

I suppose that is not ONLY payment method and I suppose that he asked to learn more about that. Just was curious. I have read about that a bit and that system reburies to have some application to be installed on the PC

reply:

To pay through webmoney you need to download their software on your pc...the benefit of webmoney is that the transaction fee is only 0.8% which is a lot more cheaper than PayPal( 2.2%)

Corrections and comments.

1. Webmoney Transfer (http://webmoney.ru - Russian version; http://wmtransfer.com - English version), hereinafter WMT, is an e-money provider and payment system created in Russia.

2. There are several tools to make use of WMT. One is to install a desktop application, the other is to use SSL certificate to authenticate. Only one method can be used against a user identifier (WM ID), but several identifiers can be 'connected' to an existing one, thus you can use both means to access system.

3. There is banking interface to transfer money to/from the system, Russian and foreign banks included.

4. Inner WMT fee to transfer funds is 0.8%, when sending funds through banking interface, banking fees are also applied.

5. There's a Certificate/Attestation service in WMT; if a person chooses to sacrifice their anonymity and provide their personal IDs personally to an Attestation Center representative, the person receives the 'Certified' status and thus is looked upon with much more credibility.

6. There's payment protection feature: you can specify password required to receive funds and timeout period. If the recipient doesn't enter the code, the money are released after the specified amount of time and returned to your account. Helpful if you select wrong destination, for example.

I use this system for many a year and if you wish to learn me, feel free to ask me.

To illustrate: here's my personal certificate to check:

Have a nice day!

Last edited:
As a hosting provider we've been using Webmoney payment system for 7 years and didn't have a single failure case. We utilize it for both European and Russian clients. It's much simpler compared to Paypal. Webmoney offers a few levels of user verification.
The minus I can think of right now is a small number of exchange centers where you can exchange money to wmz.

rfernandes: you are very welcome. If you ever consider using WMT, I'll be glad to direct you to useful sources of information.

HQHost.net: providers outside of ex-USSR are but rarely using WMT. I am impressed. I'll definitely learn more about your services.

rfernandes: you are very welcome. If you ever consider using WMT, I'll be glad to direct you to useful sources of information.

HQHost.net: providers outside of ex-USSR are but rarely using WMT. I am impressed. I'll definitely learn more about your services.

I suppose any well established company do have different ways to accept the money.

Back