• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

web-host site

jannat

if one looks at a web-host site , does it any way tell about the services they provide . does thier content speak for itself.

If I was to look for a host and the host's website overall design is crappy, I would definitely have second thoughts on purchasing their package. I believe many would think the same way as first impression counts, but obviously, a good host doesn't depend on the site, but on the quality of their services. The other option I would look at is to search for past reviews on them before making a decision.

does it any way tell about the services they provide
A most dangerous thing when it comes to this is the subjectivity factor. What may seem like bad design or crappy looking to some, may not seem the same to others. People with little web experience are especially prone to be fooled by first impressions.

Never judge a book by its cover is what I say.
Do what was suggested above and ask around or read reviews about them.

review, then review, then review.
15% only of your opinion have to be based on the site looks.

Even though looks do not necessarily decide the reliabilty of a host, it is still useful to have a nice design. If you come across a horribly designed site that is hard to navigate, most likely you wouldn't buy from that host, unless you saw they had CRAZY POSITIVE reviews.

Honestly, look does matter in any business, if a site doesn't attract people, do you think they will even look at the content and do research? i don't think so. Would like to find junk in a junk shop where thing are label and place in order or one that have tons of junk mess up in the floor? Overall, i am saying, content and look mean alot, only after that you begin to research into it. Got a hokkien quote translate to English "Iot Maybe Nice To See, But Might Nt Be Nice To Eat"

Last edited:
I do not know that web design is a huge factor in determining who is good as who is not. Positive reviews and word of mouth are the best ways of course.

I will be working with www.wemanageservers.com shortly and their website is pretty ugly but they have some of the best Hsphere professionals in the business which is all that matters to me

Very true...

Web design is a not a huge factor to take into consideration when choosing a Web Host.

However, "Is it easy to find your way around and access the information you require in the interface they are presenting?" is important.

Cheers!
Lea.

"First impression is the last impression"
So, look is important.
Good content and an impressive site design play an vital role in creating a long lasting impression on visitor's mind. Although looks are not the only thing which should determine your choice, but if a site has poor content and design, would a visitor bother looking at other pages of the site or the plans offered on the site?

Same here... I usually will pass on buying something if a site has spelling errors or overall just looks cheap / template based.

web design is definitely a very important factor.. if i were a buyer and went to a host site that had a weird sort of a design and looked 'iffy' i would stay away...
If the design is unprofessional it does speak a bit about the hosting service.

While the saying says not to judge a book by its cover but a webhost with a sloppy design will definitely not get a good first impression. For a webhost that cannot even invest into getting a decent web design, I will probably not go with them at all.

I would look at price, features, and reviews before judging based on looks only.... now if it is horrible and looks like a 10 year old made it then may be it is a sign. :)

I would say a template is a factor when I use to look for webhosts. I don't know, when I saw simple, 2-second effort designs. I got a little bit uneasy on the host. If they can't afford a decent template how do you know they can afford the servers, control panel's, etc. But that's not the only factor but it's one of the things I used to look at, and still do when I look at the dedicated server providers. And, you gotta' look for price reasonability. If they're selling 120GB Space, 2,000GB Bandwidth, cPanel/Plesk Control Panel, for 23.99$/mo. no setup fee, you know that, that host will not last long.

Try doing some research on the host before sending payments, etc. WHOIS is always a good thing to check up, domainstools.com is a good site to do that stuff. If a webhosting company has a WHOIS guard on, that's not good. They're probably trying to hide something. Also look how long the company has been in business, and look for testimonials & reviews.

Goodluck.

Back