• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Web host needed

Umari

I need a free web host that:
- allows hot linking of images
- allows files more than 1 meg to be uploaded
- 5mb or more space
- allows the use of FTP

four very simple requests, I can put up with any type of ad and any amount of space above 5mb.

Hi there, I may be able to help you - just check out the hosting page on my website. if this package suits you, email me.

Before I do host you I would need to know the meaning of hotlinking images. I will then see from there.

Last edited:
Originally posted by EpidemiK
If they don't like it, why don't they just disable it?
I came across a free host earlier this week that had: "we do not allow hotlinking" in their terms but in their FAQ they said the same but added: "we did not disable hotlinking but if a hotlinked image is viewed more then 60 times a day we'll change the name to filename_nohotlinking.jpg". I thought it was a pretty smart (and considerate) idea :)
Back on topic... netfirms might have a similar sentiment. Maybe they allow it as long as it doesn't get excessive, but when it does they can terminate the account because it's in their terms you're not supposed to do it. That way they're safe and have an extra 'feature'

Back