• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Water Seven Community Discontinue Free Web Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Efil

Dear Members of the Water Seven Community,

Hello and I hope you are all doing well.

Please be informed that Water Seven will temporarily discontinue its free web hosting service starting December 10, 2011.

As always, I am informing you more than 30 days in advance to provide you enough time to secure your resources.

This will be the second time that we are halting our free web hosting service; the first time, as far as I can remember, was on December 23, 2008 which lasted for around seven months. Similarly this time, I am expecting it will last for more than 6 months as I am not sure, at least at this moment, if Water Seven will offer free web hosting service again.

I can never be particularly sure because my mind, just like the web hosting industry these days, is "clouded." I mean, let's make it clear... time has already changed, new technologies such as Flicker, Facebook, Twitter, Cloud, etc., have arrived and matured since Water Seven started offering free web hosting in March 2006. Spending hours searching for a reliable free web host just to fulfill your simple need of uploading your photos and sharing them with your friends, for example, has become no longer necessary. You now have a lot of options which are less painful and even your grandma can do.

It's time for us to move forward.

The next time Water Seven comes to life (a reborn or something...), we will be on the cloud and perhaps offering new exciting free services for the community.

Right now I am fully occupied absorbing the concepts of Microsoft technologies (WPF, Silverlight, WCF, ASP.Net, etc.) so there's a 90% probability (azure-rance, I should say...) that the new Water Seven will be hosted in the Microsoft cloud.

Sincerely,
Efil Leiv
Community Chairman
The Water Seven Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back