• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Warning For Chitie.com!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to go over old ground but:

Why did the register the domain name through us if they provide domain registration services themselves?

This is surely suspicious.

They were also very keen to have various offshore addresses listed as owner and they were insistent that we remain as admin contact (until I started getting complaints and cleared out the whois).

The domain name expires in November and we have no up to date billing email address (certainly they do not respond via the address we have on file).

Surely if its their main business domain name they would be more careful with it by either putting it on auto renew or paying in advance for more than one year.
If they were bona fide they would surely keep the whois accurate?
Why is the domain name only listed on one name server?
If its their main business web site then its not good to have flaky DNS.

Sorry, but there are just way too many alarm bells ringing and I don't think it will be long before they disappear.

3rd of November if they don't pay the domain renewal...........

Gordon

OMG

They forgot to pay the domain renewal and the domain was picked up by one of those companies that registers expired domains:

Domain Name chitie.com
Creation Date 2002-11-04
Registration Date 2002-11-04
Expiry Date 2003-11-04
Organisation Name Ultimate Search
Organisation Address GPO Box 7862
Central
NA
HK
HONG KONG
Admin Name DNS Support
Admin Address GPO Box 7862
Central
NA
HK
HONG KONG
Admin Email dns@ultsearch.com
Admin Phone 852 2537 9677
Tech Name DNS Support
Tech Address GPO box 7862
Central
NA
HK
HONG KONG
Tech Email dns@ultsearch.com
Tech Phone +1.85225379677
Name Server ns1.ultsearch.com
ns2.ultsearch.com

I have a feeling all hell is about to break loose.

Why do people not look after their domain names?
Especially when they are running a business from it?

We sent 9 renewal reminders to the original purchaser's email and 6 to webmaster@

Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back