• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Warning: Do Not Use Serverlabs.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Excuse my nickname, but I really feel you ought to know about this.

I would just like to warn you all about Serverlabs.com, who, from my experiences, are the worst host ever.

I signed up with one of their hosting plans,

Webmaster Pack
4000 MB disk space
60 GB monthly bandwidth
US$22.00/month

That one ^^ to be precise, and you would expect for $22 a month to get decent service.

Well thats not how it turned out...

Within 1 hour of signing up, the server was down...yep, within 60 minutes.

I contacted serverlabs.com support, but received absolutely no answer. So I waited, and waited.

3 hours later the servers were back up, any message from support? NOPE.

I thought ok, perhaps it was a one off.

16 hours later, the servers were down...AGAIN. This time I was starting to get really annoyed, so I emailed them, asking what was up. I finally got a reply 2 weeks later saying that it wasnt their fault and if I didn't like the service I should go someplace else.

I decided to give serverlabs one last chance, everything seemed to be alright for a day, and I though, maybe it is OK after all.
It was not to be.

Within 2 hours, my site had gone, and in place of it was a message saying my account had been suspended.

There is no way my site had gone over the bandwidth limit.
So I emailed them, to recieve the reply that I had broken their TOS and if I wanted to keep my account, had to pay them a $50 fee.

I had definately not broken the TOS, and I was not about to pay $50. So I replied, to no avail.

By this time I had had enough, and so requested a refund. To be told by a billing representative that I could not recieve any refunds until I had paid my $50 TOS fee. That was the final straw, I was NOT paying $50 to get my $22 hosting fee back.

I emailed them one last time saying there was no way I was going to pay them any more money, and told them to cancel my account.

I am still looking for another host, I am definately not going back to serverlabs.

Let this be a warning to everyone out there, DO NOT use serverlabs. This host needs to be handled with the uttermost caution if you even want to keep your money safe.

So STAY CLEAR of Serverlabs.com.

Regards,

Tom Hut

I am sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience with them. I hope your search for a new host will get you where you want to be.

I believe ServerLabs.com surfs these message boards and would like to hear their side of the story before anyone makes any assumptions.

Perhaps you could either show us your website or tell us what it was about? Maybe there were some files or something that they would not host.

Originally posted by nukehelpers
Thats nasty what happened maybe with next host youll be satisfied.

While I am not taking neither side, it's very imporant to understand that customers are NOT always right, especially when it comes to web hosting. How can you assume that it was ServerLab.com's fault and not the customer? You've only heard one side of the story - and I think it's only fair to let the people from ServerLabs.com tell their story before we go off and start assuming they are a bad host and what not.

As to the starter of this thread, I understand your fustration, but it was not necessary to create such a nickname. You could have easily explained your side of the story with a different name.

I do agree, great point Robert. I am neutral right now, because I do agree the name was not needed to stress your point. It works alot better if you lay down the points and let everyone see the entire story. You left out one very important fact...exactly what your website was about and if it had files (and if so what type of files).

Originally posted by Serverlabs-SUCK
Excuse my nickname, but I really feel you ought to know about this.

I would just like to warn you all about Serverlabs.com, who, from my experiences, are the worst host ever.

I signed up with one of their hosting plans,

Webmaster Pack
4000 MB disk space
60 GB monthly bandwidth
US$22.00/month

That one ^^ to be precise, and you would expect for $22 a month to get decent service.

Well thats not how it turned out...

Within 1 hour of signing up, the server was down...yep, within 60 minutes.

I contacted serverlabs.com support, but received absolutely no answer. So I waited, and waited.

3 hours later the servers were back up, any message from support? NOPE.

I thought ok, perhaps it was a one off.

16 hours later, the servers were down...AGAIN. This time I was starting to get really annoyed, so I emailed them, asking what was up. I finally got a reply 2 weeks later saying that it wasnt their fault and if I didn't like the service I should go someplace else.

I decided to give serverlabs one last chance, everything seemed to be alright for a day, and I though, maybe it is OK after all.
It was not to be.

Within 2 hours, my site had gone, and in place of it was a message saying my account had been suspended.

There is no way my site had gone over the bandwidth limit.
So I emailed them, to recieve the reply that I had broken their TOS and if I wanted to keep my account, had to pay them a $50 fee.

I had definately not broken the TOS, and I was not about to pay $50. So I replied, to no avail.

By this time I had had enough, and so requested a refund. To be told by a billing representative that I could not recieve any refunds until I had paid my $50 TOS fee. That was the final straw, I was NOT paying $50 to get my $22 hosting fee back.

I emailed them one last time saying there was no way I was going to pay them any more money, and told them to cancel my account.

I am still looking for another host, I am definately not going back to serverlabs.

Let this be a warning to everyone out there, DO NOT use serverlabs. This host needs to be handled with the uttermost caution if you even want to keep your money safe.

So STAY CLEAR of Serverlabs.com.

Regards,

Tom Hut

hi, Tom:

I am not aware of any recent down time of 2 hours. Certainly i would have known because my website is hosted with the same servers as well. Certainly no one's account was suspended if all rules are followed. I am sure you followed the rules so it is most unusual for your account to be suspended.

Can you pm me with your username? I will talk over this matter with our Admin to see what exactly happened

regards

Allan

Thanks!

Originally posted by Robert
I believe ServerLabs.com surfs these message boards and would like to hear their side of the story before anyone makes any assumptions.

Yes, we are new in this forum, and this is our first post in FHS, we only know this thread after our customer notify us. This is very weird :confused: , where did we have 16 hours of single downtime? We have our MRTG graph show on our website, and we have alertra uptime status for our client. Some more, we don't have customer from FHS, most of our customer are from WHT, if we really have 16 hours of single downtime, there should be many thread complain about our services in WHT.

We only have two packages holder who owned Webmaster package, and we are sure our customers are happy with our service after we contact them. Our support ticket system will notify our staff via SMS and pager if any ticket has been create or re-open by customer. All our support ticket is answer within hour or two. The longer respond time for few support ticket was 10 hours due to public holiday at our country.

In addition, from our opening until now, we do not have any single customer violated our TOS, this point is the most confused :confused: , because we did not charge any fees for re-activate account if violate of our TOS. Please view our TOS, show us which section state that we do charge for re-active account if violate TOS.

Thanks, allanh, we do not have customer who name Tom, and we have already contact our Webmaster package holder for details info, and they are happy with our service all the time. Suppose this thread starter might be staff or customers from another company.

Regards,

That is truly sad to believe, but it would not suprise me, I had a similar thing happen to me about a month ago now. I would contact Jan or somebody and get her to look at the ips and compare them to hosts on this board, possibly we could find out the culprit. It's sad to see someone do this.

That would be fine.

Thanks you.

That would be fine for us, there is no reason for us to tell anybody how best services we have, they will find out themselves.

However, untrue information is always unacceptable by us.

We do not mind customers post comments on us, they have the right to do that. However, with untrue and fraud information is always unacceptable by anyone.

We guess this is what so call "Human Technology."

Regards,

Last edited:
Re: That would be fine.

Originally posted by Serverlabs.com
Thanks you.

That would be fine for us, there is no reason for us to tell anybody how best services we have, they will find out themselves.

However, untrue information is always unacceptable by us.

We do not mind customers post comments on us, they have the right to do that. However, with untrue and fraud information is always unacceptable by anyone.

We guess this is what so call "Human Technology."

Regards,
Sorry to hear what happened serverlabs. I hope this person doesn't damage your reputation in the business. If what you say is true, and this guy is not a customer, then maybe it would be a good idea to get Jan to check the IP's or something, because it could well be another host who feels threatened by your prices/service or something similar. I hope everything works out for you.

Thanks you very much, we have reported this thread to forum moderator.

Again, thanks you for all who help and notify us about this thread.

Regards,

It might help if you have a valid email address on file, the reply was returned :confused2

Dear,

Our email address on file are true and accessible, you received return email just because sometime the SMS gateway are out of service, but mail should be able to reach us without any problem. In addition, our SMS gateway will restart itself if found any gateway is having problem.

Thanks you very much.

P/s: We received three SMS notify about Jan reply our report email.

Regards,

Originally posted by MN-Robert
It might also help if both you and the thread starter prove who is in the wrong.

We welcome the thread starter came back and discuss with us, just to solve problem not create one.

Regards,

the so-called "customer" never contacted me for his username.

I suspect it's from a certain hosting company trying to defame us.

And I think I know who it is....:angry2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back