• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

WAP enabled pages

ducktape

NLC
NLC
I want to make a database of free ringtones and logos for cellphones and I wanna make something that can be accessed by cellphones and other mobile devices.

Where would be the best place to start. My main objective is to make a system that will allow someone to enter their mobile number then it will send a text message to the persons phone with a link to download the tone or logo. then they can go there with their phone and get the file.

triad web host said:
My main objective is to make a system that will allow someone to enter their mobile number then it will send a text message to the persons phone with a link to download the tone or logo. then they can go there with their phone and get the file.

you are saying about SMS the link, i think you should re-think about your idea, SMS is not free , i have not found any working service for free to send SMS anywhere in the world...
there are paid services present from where you can send SMS anywhere in the world and pay for it , even those services are available for webmasters and provide different methods .. from HTTP to PHP to send SMS ...

you can search for those on google.com just type send SMS worldwide ...

I think its better to crweate your database but without sending text links to users... instead forward them there

if you want to learn How To Write WAP enabled websites , a good start be at
http://www.w3schools.com/wap

their WAP tutorials are good, try them out

WAP techniques are very similar to HTML :):)

yeah I was thinking of sending some sort of text message to the users phone and then in that message contain a link to download the file to their phone.

You don't have to send any text message, as you can simply create the wml pages, and they could access it directly through a link like wap.yourdomain.com

sending SMS messages is free, its just like sending an email, you just have to send it to the right phone copmany ,here is list

Alltel - @message.alltel.com
AT&T Wireless - @mobile.att.net
Cingular - @mobile.mycingular.com
Nextel - @nextel.com
Sprint - PCS @messaging.sprintpcs.com
T-Mobile - @tmomail.net
Verizon Wireless - @vtext.com
Midwest Wireless @clearlydigital.com
Bell Mobility - @bellmobility.ca
Fido - @fido.ca
Rogers AT&T - @pcs.rogers.com
12 Telus - @msg.telus.com