• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Wanting to start a free hosting company

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vuddyn

hi im wanting to start a free hosting company... can any1 help witha reseller im will to post but no pop-ups....

also any suggestions? any help will be appreciated

Last edited:
Vuddyn said:
also any suggestions?
Don't start a free host.
a) It's a lot of work
b) Not many people will want to give you a free reseller just for posting with no ads
c) You have no experience

Go volunteer at a host and get some experience that way. Come back in a few years and you might be able to do something.

Of course, it's not the server, but if you are really prepared to become a hosting company... I started as a reseller back some time, and last time i was in dedi =P

But.... sorry, but you don't seem like prepared.

And yes, it's a lot of work.

Don't start a free host.
a) It's a lot of work
b) Not many people will want to give you a free reseller just for posting with no ads
c) You have no experience

Go volunteer at a host and get some experience that way. Come back in a few years and you might be able to do something.

I agree.

I started a free host once with a reseller and well... japanese people killed my email account and i was spending more time trying to sort out people having problems ALREADY and people signing up then getting points on another forum to pay for the reseller so i gave up.

not worth it until you have the time, the money, the know how and dedication to do it.

hi im wanting to start a free hosting company... can any1 help witha reseller im will to post but no pop-ups....

also any suggestions? any help will be appreciated

You look very much careless from your post. i wonder you will get a reseller.

If you're looking to get into Web hosting for free, there are really only two options:

myownfreehost.net
resellerspanel.com

But you do realize that you still have to spend money on marketing, people, etc??

EDIT: If you are looking to volunteer at a company, we could always use help on our forums. :)

I agree, only start if you care about it.

i run my own hosting, and help run a free hosting. i didn't really need to learn anything new, since i pick things up easy, but i would have never started my own host up if i didn't help out on the free host first.

first thing to beat is, get used to complaints!

Since this is more of a discussion and finding places to volunteer than offers, moved to free hosting discussion.

Before you start your free host, take your pen and paper and write down a detailed business plan, jot down your goals and milestones.

Also invest on a decent paid reseller account and if your free hosting grow you can jump in to a good VPS. Remember patient is a virtue, be reasonable in what you are offering and stick to the plans that you wrote down.

Starting a Free Hosting Business is not too hard as long as you are dedicated and you know what you are doing.. Good luck.. :)

Before you start your free host, take your pen and paper and write down a detailed business plan, jot down your goals and milestones.

Also invest on a decent paid reseller account and if your free hosting grow you can jump in to a good VPS. Remember patient is a virtue, be reasonable in what you are offering and stick to the plans that you wrote down.

Starting a Free Hosting Business is not too hard as long as you are dedicated and you know what you are doing.. Good luck.. :)
Couldn't give better advice. Be prepared to invest quite a decent amount of cash into this. I mean, adverts can get you cash but nothing compared to the actual costs and the labour which is involved. Keep in mind, it's a hobby not a money making scheme.

Im in the process of making my own Post2Host right now, and its alot of work setting everything up...

P.S.- Jonny, I love the cP Creator, Ill be using it ;)

Buddy no offense but you don't look like the kind of guy that could or should run a free web hosting site. You might wanna wait till you hit puberty. lol

Setting up a free hosting company isn't as simple as it seem. Alot of work is required. For now buddy, I am sorry but through your post, you are not ready yet.

I'd recommend starting as a moderator or functioning in a similar role on another free host. That way, you get the experience and exposure, without the responsibilities and fee's. From there, you can see if it's right for you.

I was given a free reseller years back, at the time. And I did okay with it. I didn't need any experience.

Just knowledge of the hosting cpanel etc

Unfortunately, the generous person who gave it to me said that he no longer wanted to keep it going.

I got a lot of people from China or so, making fake accounts on my forum.

I saw a couple of these types of posts by now, and it makes me want to toss all 7 of them into a room and tell them to start ONE company together. Chances are one is the tech, one is the angel-grunt, one is half-decent at marketing, etc.

I'm also suspecting these folks are posting in a second language.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back