• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Wanting to make avi out of vhs-anyone know how?

Pamster

Hey all!
Just wondering if anyone has experience with doing this since I want to use some VHS tapes to digitize some video for my overseas family to down load and meet my 4 year old son.

I know you need to have a video card that can do it and I have a ATI one TV in one thing. (Hubby's card-he knows name...) Anyway, I also aim to have some video of me on my fake leg to supplement my amputee related content. You'd be amazed how many hits my support page gets.

Anyway, What software would you use and I understand that you need hard drive space to do this and I have a 3 gig drive now. Think I saw like 100mb is like 1 minute of tape and you can compress it by making avi to mpeg at 10-1 ratio. Any advice much apprecited!

Also what is best for this 8mm or just normal camcorder? I don't think a desk cam would really work since I need to be walking or with my lil guy and I wanna show my Aunt him at play at a local park and such...Thanks in advance! :)

Thanks!

looks like a great place to do some research! :) Thanks Law Town Junkie! :D

Appreciated the link! :D

Pamster :D

Back