• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Wanted - PHP5 host

spec

I have tried Byzhosting and terabyte and both were great hosts.

Unfortunately I want to get into PHP5 so I need a host with access to that.

requirements:
Space: 400megs+
Bd/w: 6gigs+
PHP5
MySQL
POP
Subdomains
and reliability.
Looking at under 10USD per month, and want to do a yearly subscription.
Please post if you have experience with a good host. (min 1 year uptime)

I am in my third year with www.aussiehosts.com but I am not sure what PHP version they use as I haven't ventured into that area yet ;) They have recently changed hands, so I can't tell you they will always be as stable as they have been up to the changeover.

Jan said:
I am in my third year with www.aussiehosts.com but I am not sure what PHP version they use as I haven't ventured into that area yet ;) They have recently changed hands, so I can't tell you they will always be as stable as they have been up to the changeover.
Considering the PHP logo at the bottom of the site has a number 4 next to it, I'd guess they support PHP 4.

currently looking for a package simular to 1and1's home package but with php and mysql.

Web Space 1,000 MB
Monthly Transfer Volume 25 GB
FTP Accounts 1
php
mysql
Subdomains 10
External Domains 50
E-mail Accounts 200
IMAP & POP3 supported

Last edited:
spec said:
currently looking for a package simular to 1and1's home package but with php and mysql.

Web Space 1,000 MB
Monthly Transfer Volume 25 GB
FTP Accounts 1
php
mysql
Subdomains 10
External Domains 50
E-mail Accounts 200
IMAP & POP3 supported

so for that, your requirement for PHP is version 4 or 5 ?

if it is 4 ,check out www.overule.net for cheap prices.

we have been hosting for the past 4 years :)

I need PHP5 its the whole purpose of purchasing some space.

I would have snapped up overule since they have an amazing starter package (everything I need for 4.99 BUT php5)

spec said:
I need PHP5 its the whole purpose of purchasing some space.

I would have snapped up overule since they have an amazing starter package (everything I need for 4.99 BUT php5)

we are not willing to upgrade to PHP5 since php 5 only released a few months ago. :)

we are trying to protect our clients against serious bugs

why not get the 1and1 Business plan for 9.99? i believe they support PHP5.
you had specified on your initial post that you would pay up to 10USD.

we could've offered you a plan, but we haven't upgraded to PHP5 yet.
it's in the works.

I will if it comes down to that, I just dont need _that_ much resources, and dont believe free software should cost extra.

Just an idea here...

I don't believe that upgrading to PHP5 is as complicated as every single one the hosts is making it out to be. And just so we're on the same track here, the developers of PHP did the same thing with PHP4 that they are doing with PHP5: As new flaws and bugs are being discovered, new updates are being created. And I personally see any host that doesn't put forth their best effort to keep every supported language and it's interpreter updated as a host that is ripping its customers off.

Back