• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Wanted : New Host

Status
Not open for further replies.

corpsegrinder

I am currently trying to build a site and get it off the ground. Before I tell you what I am after I think I should tell you about my last host and if you are in anyway the same don't bother offering anything please.

I subscribed to an offer from this forum about 2 months back.

In that time they have -

-Moved my site several times without telling me. Giving me immeasurable down time. Then set my account up on a new server and told me they would forward me the back up (the new site was empty...). After a week of emailing them for my backup they told me they didn't actually have it.......

-Slowest support I have ever had the misfortune to come across.

-Screwed the DNS up on my domain too many times. At times it took days to almost a week to deligate. This happened everytime they moved my site (see above).

-When I asked them if they were going to make any big decisions like moving sites that they should atleast email me beforehand so I expect it they told me I should check a page on their site to get the news. I am not going to check a page until after the fact, I have better things to do with my time than check a page on a site 3 times a day.

-Charged me extra to change the domain the account was setup on straight before deleting my site and setting it up elsewhere anyway.

-Today........I go to log into my cPanel to work on my site some more and their MAIN company site is gone. Look for yourself http://www.rjcuk-hosting.co.uk/

Dodgy.

So......

What I am after.

1 FREE Domain Name (nice but can go without if not offered)
• 30GB Bandwidth /Per Month
• 2 to 5GB Web space
• 50 MySQL Databases
• Unlimited POP3 Email Accounts
• Unlimited Add-on Domains
• Unlimited Additional FTP Accounts
• Unlimited Subdomains
• cPanel 10 with Fantastico
• Full Daily Stats
• Password Protected Directories
• Perl
• PHP
• CGI
• Junk Email Filters
• Auto installation of scripts
• Daily backup's
• Free Anti-Virus System
• 24/7 Support (Real support, not claims)

Budget - $5 to $7US a month. Paid via Paypal.

Company must be older than 9 months. Be able to show uptime stats for last 9 months.

Cheerz
Ray

Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with the above named site. However I have
chosen you one of our value packages, sorry we offer no free domains but we can register
these for just $8.95 per year.

Value Package

• 2000MB Diskspace
• 50GB Bandwidth per month

Price per month $4.95
[View virtual plan information]

All come complete with:

• cPanel Pro / WHM (10)
• 20 extra cPanel languages
• RVSkin's (16 extra styles)
Weekly backup's

Fax 0870 7051416 | Email sales@duportonline.com

Cheerz :)

So far so good. Seems like an excellent company. They gave me a 5 day free trial and seem far more professional than the last crew I was with. They are http://www.tamranda.com/ for anyone interested. The one who helped me out is called Ankit, he is a top bloke.

Edit: This offer has been removed. We cannot offer 20 add-on domains for less than US$10 per year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back