• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Want unlimited/about 50gb space, and mp3 support.

Yes, this is for my unsigned band, my dad is a sound enginner so he has recorded all our gigs (About 70). Also our friends 'Slightly alien' want me to put up some gigs of theirs.

Tera-byte is too pricey, and rackshack still has their 300 GB transfer a month deal. MP3 is getting old, and you should use a media format that isn't easy to redistribute in another format, like Windows Media Audio 8 (i still hate microsoft). Add some streaming software like RealSystem Server 8 and stream the music off your server. That's a better idea.

I would suggest streaming the content with SHOUTcast.com, icecast.org, or even, and I say this one as a last option, live365.com.
If you do not want to stream it I suggest the following:
Do not fall for hosts the claim to offer Unlimited Space and/or Bandwidth. My suggestion would be to find a host that offers a decent amount of bandwidth (15 - 20 GB) and about 500mb of web space and rotate your files every couple of weeks or so. It keeps your site fresh as its got new content every so often. this shouldn't run you any more than $35US per month. With a dedicated server, you are looking at $100 - $1000 US per month. That will increase if you use a lot of bandwidth or need a more powerful server.

Originally posted by Myacen Network
www.rackshack.net
www.4webspace.com

They do not offer this much space though. You will have to pay extra for this much space.
I wonder if you can actually get extra space from those two companies :confused: Rackshack's RAQ4 FAQ says it can only host two hard-drives, of which one is used for mirroring the other (so that's useless), and its max disk space capacity is 30 GB. 4webspace's website doesn't say anything about hard-drive upgrades, which leads me to believe that it too doesn't offer more that the standard 20 GB for the RAQ4.

As for Tera-byte, it charges $100 monthly for just renting the server (this doesn't include the cost of bandwidth). Cost per GB transfer is just over $2 (for Plan A). Expensive....

I suggest that you get a quote for a custom plan from Worldzone Pro (www.wzpro.com). Yes, it is a shared-space hosting company, but its cheapest bandwidth cost is $0.82 per GB transfer, and since there is no server to rent, you don't have to pay an extra $100 monthly like with Tera-byte. To get a quote, email the admin alycia@worldzone.net

Hello Atlantis,

4webspace.com = tera-byte.com, they are the same company. I can't remember how much transfer they offer but its considerable. From what Ive heard and read rackshack.net seems to be the best currently with 300gb transfer per month.

Robert

Hello Myacen,

Yes, I know 4webspace.com is owned by Tera-byte. However they seem to be running it as a seperate company with seperate upgrade options to the servers available from Tera-byte itself. The amount of transfer Tera-byte can offer is just over 3500 GB. Rackshack's 300 GB bandwidth offer is good, but it does not meet Weefer's space requirements.

Atlantis

Back