• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Want to create a dating web service

SirKC

What should I use to create a website like http://www.match.com

I want people to be able to seach for members through the database.

Are there any websites tutes, or free scripts I could use online to create a Dating website?

if you have perl/php and mysql (or another db) you should be able to do it.

php is easier though less secure

I can get perl to run as user me.

with php it runs as user nobody.

so with perl I can have db passwords in a for my eyes only file

with php passwords are viewable by anyone who can get ftp access to your site etc.

I thing running php as a module is more secure than as a cgi standalone and you may be able to get it to run as yourself

hope that makes sense

Who's the bad boy? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooobody!

(If you live in Toronto/Canada you would know what I mean!)

Well, this is how the story goes (Canadian;s find it humorus, not funny):

First of all the mayor of toronto is Mel Lastman. Supposedly he is the father of a good business man. This business man's business is called Bad Boy Furniture. Well, he has funny commericials on which says, who is the bad boy? noooooooooooooooooooooobody ( which is supposed to tie in with the word nobody on this post)

if this didn't make sense... good. i am tired. later!

wait a minute..... if i am correct, isn't the topic in the form of a question. If so, want to create a dating service? If it is a question, I would love, he he, sorry about the pun, to create a dating service!

Back