• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

wanna start a free host.. what do i need?

TFH-DaZ

hi all

i got the following so far:

Reseller acc.
what specs im gonna offer free
eith forum of helpdesk support
google ads <<possibility

what i need assistance with:

what autosetup script i shud use for whm
what else aint i thought of

thanx

Well I dont have a host myself, but I have some idea on how to run one.
The most important thing to think about is how are you going to make revenue... inless you are a millionaire off the bat, your not gonna want to spend your money month after month on something that doesnt give back.

Well you could use a program like CPanel to manage that (dont quote me on this Im not that familiar with it), but with a quick search over at hotscripts there is a large list of register systems and other tools that might be worth looking at. Im sure another person will suggest a bit better program though.

Did you read his post at all? He has WHM.

I suggest using a script that e-mails you, in batches, orders. Say once an hour, you get an e-mail with the details of each order placed. Then you hire people (*ahem* like me ;)) who create the accounts in WHM. Either that or e-mail Allowee (search for his username, he doesn't post here much) and ask if you can use/buy the script he created, which is quite good.

Automatic scripts are much more effective. There is one out there called, I forget what its called though. You definitley don't want to process anything manually. It may cost a little bit to setup an automated process, but an automated process is more scalable. That means when your business grows, you don't have to hire more people, change any scripts, or do anything else that will cost you more in the long run.

Oh yeah, don't forget a business plan. The top reason most business ventures fail is because of a crappy business plan or lack of one to begin with.

I attempted a "business" venture last winter, and tried to do it on the cheap too, and failed. Since I did it on the cheap, all I lost was a very negligible amount of money and a little bit of time.

Now that I have had a little more training in the business field, especially from reading books (I've read about 7 books so far about management, marketing, accounting, and even communicating effectivley), I can see why having such training is important. I now see where I went wrong, so next time when I start a new business venture (probably around next summer) I will know how to make it a success.

Also remember, if you're serious about this business, put money into it. Yes, you can get a lot done for free, but paying for stuff like advertising is KEY. Don't settle for one type of ad using one type of medium. Spend the extra couple of hundred bucks on a newspaper ad or fliers, perhaps a billboard (they're cheaper then you think - a full month in Chicago on a busy street costs around $300). Of course using the right medium depends on your audience. For example, don't advertise a hosting company in a residential area - go for the business sector. And don't advertise in a Children's magazine, go for a computer-related or small-business related one. It's all about marketing, a topic I suggest you research before doing anything.

If you aren't serious enough to put any money into it, don't get your hopes up about any potential profts; they won't arrive. You have to invest something to get anything.

Last edited:
Back