• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

waking dreams - please review

ok...well what would you say is the best php board that doesn't have many ads? (what kind of ads does phpbb use?)

None of the boards have ads. Its the hosts that have ads. I would recommend you using phpbb. I can help you install it too.

oh, i meant for remotely hosted boards. but i guess i'm looking for a new host anyway, so i can just look for one that allows php. i'm not sure the one i have would allow it.
i'll try phpbb...

ok, so php and mysql both...*phew* alright, so how much space does a typical phpbb take up? (so i know how much space i need from the host)
i will ask in the free webspace forum for a few different hosts to decide between...
by the way, what kind of ads does tripod.co.uk put on members' pages?
thanks...

Originally posted by ormu

I fully disagree. Have you ever installed OpenBB? :rolleyes:

I'd say both are as easy to install.
As a matter of fact yes I have and openbb is harder to install than phpbb. But then the subject here is which is best. The answer in my opinion is phpbb.

Originally posted by Giancarlo

There were tons of problems when I was using it.
Maybe your host has got an old version of php installed. What problems did you have? rc2 had a bug in the install file. try rc3

Originally posted by cheatpark

Maybe your host has got an old version of php installed. What problems did you have? rc2 had a bug in the install file. try rc3

No, especially not if I pay $29.95 monthly for my host. I don't remember what the problem was, but I ended going with Phorum. Maybe it was just me messing something up.

i think i'll try phpbb ...should i use phpbb2? (what's the difference between phpbb1 and phpbb2?)

also, i have edited the site's nav links (and signed up for quickurl's redirection). ...what do you think?

http://waking.3lx.com

~Nicki
:p

Originally posted by byrdgirl13
i think i'll try phpbb ...should i use phpbb2? (what's the difference between phpbb1 and phpbb2?)

also, i have edited the site's nav links (and signed up for quickurl's redirection). ...what do you think?

http://waking.3lx.com

~Nicki
:p
A lot of difference between 1 and 2. Get phpbb 2 rc-3.

Back