• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

VPS required

Somnus

This is what I currently host at Dreamhost and possibly someone can tell me approx. what I would need in a VPS.

Domains Hosted:
21 plus 2 subdomains

Email addresses:
50+

MySQL Databases:

Applications in use:
WordPress
Online Invoicing System 3.0
PHPlist (Never more than 800 emails per month/sending)
Machform (Contact form)

I don't tend to use massive amounts of bandwidth a month. Here are my latest stats:

3.87GB in the last month.
25.64GB the last 6 months.
89.12GB the last year.

So how much memory would I need (even burstable)?

Thanks in advance..

We can't give you a good estimate like this. We would need more information, such as your database size, how many unique visitors per day? How many active visitors at a time?

Can you get some CPU usage estimates from DreamHost?

These will all help in determining how much you would need.

Here are some stats from some of the domains:

Total Disk Space Provided: 365.0 GB ($0.01 / MB over)
Month Average: 992.6 MB
Currently Using: 942.6 MB
Estimated Average Usage: 974.8 MB (at end of billing period)

Database Usage:
Totals: 4.943 MB 0.106 MCn

Domain 1:
Successful requests: 1,206
Average successful requests per day: 409
Successful requests for pages: 228
Average successful requests for pages per day: 77
Failed requests: 172
Distinct files requested: 159
Distinct hosts served: 38
Data transferred: 8.04 megabytes
Average data transferred per day: 2.73 megabytes

Domain 2:
Successful requests: 361
Average successful requests per day: 122
Successful requests for pages: 361
Average successful requests for pages per day: 122
Failed requests: 217
Distinct files requested: 9
Distinct hosts served: 144
Data transferred: 151.79 megabytes
Average data transferred per day: 51.80 megabytes

As you can see, they are pretty low usage on a whole. Those are the two most active domains.

A decent Xen based VPS would / should enough for you - look for something with at least 512mb of guaranteed RAM.

This of course is an estimate, but it should be ample specially if you perform or get someone to perform so level of optomization on services such as apache and mysql.

Hi,
If you want we can offer you a VPS matching your needs - it can come with or without control panel - Plesk or with our own panel.
Please feel free to look at our offers and contact us at any time whether you have questions or comments.

Thanks

Hi,
If you want we can offer you a VPS matching your needs - it can come with or without control panel - Plesk or with our own panel.
Please feel free to look at our offers and contact us at any time whether you have questions or comments.

Thanks

Where are your offers? Am I not seeing some replies here, or do you mean from your website?

Hi,
Yes, I meant from our website.
The link is www.hostcolor.com/vps . The prices start @ 19.95 + the fee for the Plesk panel. Out panel - NextColor can come free with any of the VPS we offer.

If you want you can send me a pm so we can further discuss this.

Thanks
Alexander

Anything that is functional.

I don't need cPanel, as for the most part most panels do pretty much the same things, just not as nicely laid out.

I was just looking at vpsWOW and Server Complete, and both seem pretty good.

Hello,

As you are currently taking time to use our 30 day free trial we had offered. I want to make the offer public as well:

50GB Space
500GB Monthly Transfer
Cpanel w/ Fantastico & Sitebuilder (These functions will be active come 12th of Jan.)
24/7 Support via Phone, Ticket System, Live Chat
100% SLA with account credits.
Price - $25/month

The servers is on our Cloud-Hosting Network.

Company - uptimehost.com (site is currently taking an update so please bare the blank pages you will see.)

Last edited:
Hello,

As you are currently taking time to use our 30 day free trial we had offered. I want to make the offer public as well:

50GB Space
500GB Monthly Transfer
Cpanel w/ Fantastico & Sitebuilder (These functions will be active come 12th of Jan.)
24/7 Support via Phone, Ticket System, Live Chat
100% SLA with account credits.
Price - $25/month

The servers is on our Cloud-Hosting Network.

Company - uptimehost.com (site is currently taking an update so please bare the blank pages you will see.)

Yes I am trying your service, and so far the only problem is that I can only host one domain.

Since I have many domains at my disposal, I am trying 3 services out for 30 days. Which ever one I have the least mount of issues, get my business.

There will be possibility that I will take two services. One to host my business items, and one for my personal stuff.

Hello,

You are able to host unlimited domains on the package. You were asked how many domains you wanted to have setup. If you have anymore you want setup right now let me know. Our customer service panel, which lets you add more domains will be live on monday for you to do this yourself.

Again if you have more let me know.

Back